Alt Shader for FW Eve

Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
edited December 1969 in Freebies

I have decided to create an Alternative Shader for the D/S SSS mat for my Eve character (http://www.daz3d.com/fw-eve).
This shader is to allow a better render result when using bright lights, especially strong sunlight.

Before installing this new shader it is important to delete the old SSS BaseMat shader first. Only the BaseMat shader in the SSS folder, NOTHING else.
Then install this and you'll find you now have two options. The old SSS Base shader and the new SSS Alternative shader.

The way to use this new shader is simple. Apply BaseMat, Makeup, Lips, Tattoos, Lashes etc... options. Then go back to the folder with the SSS BaseMat and hit the AltShader button... and done!
If you want to use any of the nail polishes it is best to add after the AltShader is applied as they look best that way.

Any questions, just give me a shout.

You can download the AltShader here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bxm0whwijd0iuf/FWEve_AltShader.zip

Please remember FW Eve is required for it to work.

Happy rendering

Fred ;)

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

Hey very cool! Does the shader use SSS from the DS3 HSS or the new AoA SSS? That is, does it require any special shaders to use it?

Also, in the promos for Eve, unless I'm missing something, I dont' see if they're labled for Poser or DS. Are any of them DS renders?

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Hey very cool! Does the shader use SSS from the DS3 HSS or the new AoA SSS? That is, does it require any special shaders to use it?

Also, in the promos for Eve, unless I'm missing something, I dont' see if they're labled for Poser or DS. Are any of them DS renders?

The original one uses the old HSS shaders and would work without the AoA shader base, however as it now comes with DS anyway, the AoA SSS base, I decided to add a shader based on that as well. So the second one is the AoA SSS shader, which you wont need anything extra with as it's already build in D/S anyway.

As for the promos. Mostly Poser as that is my native platform, but there are a few DS ones in the mix. I got my lights matching, so I can't fully tell which ones were which as I did them a while ago. I believe the 2nd to last and the one before were DS ones. And some small ones in between.

Hope that all helps and happy rendering.

edited December 1969

thanks for the answer :) If you can, please please label promos with poser and DS so we can know for sure. I actually am a weirdo who sticks to the older HSS shaders simply because they render so much faster than the new shaders. ^^ hopefully i'll be able to get Eve soon- she's absolutely GORGEOUS

edited December 1969

thanks for the answer :) If you can, please please label promos with poser and DS so we can know for sure. I actually am a weirdo who sticks to the older HSS shaders simply because they render so much faster than the new shaders. ^^ hopefully i'll be able to get Eve soon- she's absolutely GORGEOUS

Thanks, glad I could help. And yep I myself use the older shader more for the same reason, but the new one just looks better with certain lights, so all depends on the actual render setting. Glad you like her and I hope you'll have fun rendering with her in the future. :)

edited December 1969

never had a char by you that i didn't like so that's a given! :D

edited December 1969

never had a char by you that i didn't like so that's a given! :D

Thanks, great to hear that, really happy you like my work :)