1000 x 800 - 356K
Infinity 3.jpg
1000 x 800 - 336K
Post edited by Fisty on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

thanks

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Looks great thanks :) what would you charge for a peace sign? Or even a release as a product for the store. :)

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited April 2019

doesn't the 'necklaces collection' already have a peace sign?

https://www.daz3d.com/necklace-earring-collection-for-genesis-3-males-and-females

separating it out of the pendant, maybe a tad tricky, but doable. Especially if you have something like Hexagon to remove that upper loop link thing from the 'dangle'.

From the page - "The pendants can be easily moved or rotated if needed just by selecting them in the view-port or you can unparent them from the chain and use them with other chains or figures as desired."

Oh, the dangle on the earrings may be better for a standalone peace sign. if you're ok with that tiny half-circle on the top of the peace sign.

Like this?

That tiny circle is on the same surface zone as the earring hook "Hanger", so that can be made invisible, leaving just the peace sign. B)

Example with fooling around with a lot of stuff, not the figure it looks like either. I lifted the makeup off of one and transplanted it to the other's maps... Using dark arts in GIMP and powers that some would consider 'unnatural'. lol.

Oh, FYI, that is a simple Hubble Deep field image put on the infinity symbol (map in diffuse and ambient), with some plain gloss/reflection to put it somewhat into this world instead of Deep space. The geometry isn't perfect at every angle for maps on the infinity symbol, it's good enough for most things.  Hay, it's leagues better than the STL files that don't even have UV mapping, B)

20190419_DrgrdrFun_01001_Peacsign_01001lbl1.png
    1920 x 1050 - 825K
    20190419_DrgrdrFun_01001_Peacsign_01002.png
    1024 x 900 - 238K
    20190420_DrgrydrFun_03005_r.jpg
    2720 x 2720 - 5M
    20190420_DrgrydrFunIS_01001_r.jpg
    2800 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Bail and jump ring are on the same material zone in the pendant so that one would be slightly easier on computer resources, less inivisible geometry. (like only about 200 polygons, the ear hook has a lot more with that spring detail)

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Or - slightly more advanced technique - load the peace necklace, unparent the pandant from the chain and ridgid follow node (then delete those), make the geometry editor tool active, selelct the pendant in the scene tab, open the tool tab, pull the little lines on the top to the right so you can actually see everything (it always opens with things scrunched to the left and cut off), click the plus sign next to the bail/ring material zone (I don't remember what I named it but it should be obvious), in the veiwport you'll see that area overlayed with a yellow tint, in the veiwport right click and chose hide selected geometry (might be under a sub-menu), then right click again and chose delete hidden geometry (again, might be under a sub-menu).

If you want to save a version of that for later use - go to your content library where the necklaces are, right click and chose open file location, it'll pop up windows/mac window, select and copy (ctrl-c) that location then close the window.  Back in DS with the altered pendant selected file-save as-support asset-figure/prop asset.  Paste in your copied location and give it a new name, in the next box that pops up everything should already be filled out but change the name to that new name your chose so it doesn't overwrite the original.  If it doesn' put anything in the artist field you can put your name there or Fisty and Darc if you want it to live in the same data folder with the other stuff.

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

Thank you!

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

Thank you. You never know when an infinity symbol will be needed. I think this is an awesome prop

• I'm glad some are enjoying the infinity symbol.

good point Fisty about the geometry counts between the necklace hanger vs the earring hanger, especially for Iray on limited memory GPUs. I didn't even consider that and probably was thinking of something else that I ran into eons ago almost unrelated to that. A non-issue there, as that loop needed to be resized/shaped for the pendant anyway. B)

20190426_FwsaZdgMeifen2_09004sigxipend1c11_r.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 596K