BOX OF COOKIES

launoklaunok Posts: 793
edited May 2019 in Freebies

I was planning to use a premade untextured cereal box from Sketchup Warehouse but something went wrong with texturing.  Then I rather made a simple box in Sketchup.  Somehow texturing does not work great and do not fit as I has planned originally.  My modeling knowledge are not quite there and I have to try again later.  In the meantime people can try this cookie box out and see if it will work.

The images I made in Photoshop.  Models used are from Sketchup Warehouse and characters G3F clothed with Wendy's clothing.

Download to try model:  https://sharecg.com/v/93787/browse/5/3D-Model/BOX-OF-COOKIES-1

My own box.jpg
1200 x 563 - 441K
Post edited by launok on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305

It looks as if you used some kind of planar mapping, so the facing panel of the box works but the sides (and top and bottom, I expect) have a single column of pixels smeared out along their depth. I'm not at all familiar with SketchUp, but you want something like a box or cubic mapping or to do each side separately, adjusting the axis each time.

• launoklaunok Posts: 793

I have just built my own box in Sketchup but not sure if the texture I have used will be allowed here.  The texture is free domain, but still I need to have clarity.

PublicDomainPictures.net is site used.

I still need to add text, etc before sharing.

CAN THIS BE SHARED AS FREEBIE.JPG
    1366 x 768 - 157K
    edited May 2019

It looks as if you used some kind of planar mapping, so the facing panel of the box works but the sides (and top and bottom, I expect) have a single column of pixels smeared out along their depth. I'm not at all familiar with SketchUp, but you want something like a box or cubic mapping or to do each side separately, adjusting the axis each time.

Richard, to be honest I am now learning Sketchup.  With help I got the textures to go onto a premade model few weeks back.  But this time I used my own.  I can, however, put separate colors, at sides, bottom, top.  The 'smearing' happened as I used the actual image and not separate colors.  But even the front image is supposed to be centered and cut off near the right side.  Same happened at back by not fully centered.  I have to practice this more.

Post edited by launok on
  • guilledcfguilledcf Posts: 75

As long as it's PD, it should be alright. Also, being for freestuff, licenses are usually less tight, most CC licenses would do too.

I merged your two threads - the Freebies forum is for offers of freebies, which the first is since it has a link.

launok said:

Richard, to be honest I am now learning Sketchup.  With help I got the textures to go onto a premade model few weeks back.  But this time I used my own.  I can, however, put separate colors, at sides, bottom, top.  The 'smearing' happened as I used the actual image and not separate colors.  But even the front image is supposed to be centered and cut off near the right side.  Same happened at back by not fully centered.  I have to practice this more.

How an image wraps around a model is controlled by the UV mapping, if you want it to line up with a pre-existing texture you have to make the mapping fit the texture.

edited May 2019
    launok said:

How an image wraps around a model is controlled by the UV mapping, if you want it to line up with a pre-existing texture you have to make the mapping fit the texture.

Thanks for the help Richard.  The box part I have done exports well but unfortunately the text is a disaster with planes around and the use of a .png image (donut) on back have black corners when exported.  In Sketchup itself the model work with text but not when exported.  

I have removed text on the end.

BOX SKETCHUP 1.JPG
    1366 x 768 - 159K
    BOX SKETCHUP 2.JPG
    1366 x 768 - 155K
    BOX SKETCHUP 3 BRYCE.jpg
    1200 x 563 - 382K
    Post edited by launok on

I guess Sketchup is using a simple projection, rather than UV mapping as such.