Genesis 2 male issue

semperequstrisemperequstri Posts: 150
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to correct a problem I'm having with The Genesis 2 male figure inside Poser Pro 2014. I can get DSON set up and working just fine. The figure loads and morphs just fine and I can create characters to reuse later. I use Poser to make reference images for 2D digital painting so I don't render my scenes. Therefore I keep the DSON subdivision turned to off at all times to make Poser work faster.

Scene set up and posing works fine. But if I save my work and then come back and reopen the file, my Genesis 2 male figure loses all of the applied morphs and the pose gets badly distorted. He basically looks like his arms and legs were made of PVC pipe and the fingers and toes are splayed out in wacky directions.

I tried doing a manual export from DAZ Studio using the pre-DSON cr2 export method and the same thing happens. The really odd thing is that it does not happen with Genesis 2 female based figures/characters. It only happens with Genesis 2 male based figures/characters.

FYI: I'm running Poser Pro 2014 ( fully updated) on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit (Intel i5 2.8 Ghz, 12 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics card)
DAZ Studio 4.6 installed. latest version of DSON Importer installed. Latest version of the DIM installed ( everything 64 bit)

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• semperequstrisemperequstri Posts: 150
    edited December 1969

FYI: I got a tip from a member at another forum on how to solve this problem. Make sure that "use external binary morphs" in General Preferences ( Misc tab) is NOT checked.