Poser Pro 2014 locks up computer when I render in main window

shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,191
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi All,

OK I do not know if this is a Poser issue, a SR update issue or what but I have got a problem with Poser Pro 2014 locking up when I render in the main window, but I can render in the background without a problem. When I render in the main window it locks up my whole computer and everything on my computers begins to flash preventing me from shutting anything down which then forces me to to do a hard shutdown of my computer because I can't close anything down. This has been going on for about 6 months now and I can't think of any updates that I have done that would have created this issues.

I am running a ASUS G74 i7 with win7 and 16gb of memory. I have the Navidia GTX560 video card. This has gotten to be very frustrating and to be honest it has prevented me from doing a lot of art recently because of this.

I have the latest SR3 update for Poser and the newest updated Driver for Navidia as well.

If anyone has a suggestion or idea I would be forever greatful.

V/R

Roy

Comments

• dannyboy101dannyboy101 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

1: back up your computer (I know its a pain) rest set the computer to factory settings ASUS G74 i7 with win7 with updated Driver for Navidia. I don't like the sound of you doing a hard shutdown not good for the computer. reinstall poser with sr3 up date I had the same problem and works fine now.

2: you could do a test on your Graphics card look up Benchmark.

Hope it all works out for you.