Poser 6 to 2012 pro?

nate_289d518d9cnate_289d518d9c Posts: 40
edited January 2014 in Poser Discussion

From 6 to 2012 pro?

Is there a way to grab custom figures complete with their textures, maps, colors etc. that were created and saved in poser 6 and open them in 2012 pro?

I can get the figures, no maps, no props no hair textures.

They were saved as pzr and as cr2 files. I'm no expert in this stuff at all... a little helpful advice, tips would be great - i would think that 2012 would import the stuff... that is what happened with Poser 9 (which just won't work at all any more, not even open) I like 2012.

thanks!

Post edited by nate_289d518d9c on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You may get more answers if you asked this in the Poser forum.

Would you like me to move it over there?

BTW, I don't know about 2012, but i saved my P6 runtime, and then simply added it as a runtime when I first opened P8. Does 2012 not allow the same.

• nate_289d518d9cnate_289d518d9c Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    You may get more answers if you asked this in the Poser forum.

Would you like me to move it over there?

BTW, I don't know about 2012, but i saved my P6 runtime, and then simply added it as a runtime when I first opened P8. Does 2012 not allow the same.

Please do... haven't figured out this forum... will try your suggestion - - - thanks

• EmmaAndJordiEmmaAndJordi Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

From 6 to 2012 pro?

Is there a way to grab custom figures complete with their textures, maps, colors etc. that were created and saved in poser 6 and open them in 2012 pro?

They were saved as pzr and as cr2 files. I'm no expert in this stuff at all... a little helpful advice, tips would be great - i would think that 2012 would import the stuff... that is what happened with Poser 9 (which just won't work at all any more, not even open) I like 2012.

thanks!

Hi Nate!

Sometimes poser files have absolute references to files in a pc, like "C:/Program files..." that begin with the drive letter and several folders.

The correct way of having them is as relative references that begin with "Runtime...."

When files with wrong references are moved to another computer the files may not load well.

It sounds that is what is happening. The figures load but they don't find the other files because references are absolute.

You can change them to relative in several ways so they work again.

But first make a backup copy of your files before changing them.

It may help to confirm if this is the problem if you can post here the content of one of those files, or much better, post the file attached to the thread if this can be done :)

When I see the file, I can tell you how to change it :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Are there two runtimes - one for P6 and one for PP2012?
    In that case you have to add the P6 runtime to PP2012:
    https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2083

edited January 2014

Thanks for the response -
    I will try this, not sure how, but will see
    There is a screen capture of the image as it appears in 2012 Pro - no textures
    And - if it works - the file itself (???)
    (some files come in with only a part showing - like a head or hair - no texture)

First image is how it is seen in 2012 Pro
    Second image is the file path from Poser 6

The file type is not allowed in the forum, so this is the only way I could think of showing it

From 6 to 2012 pro?

thanks!

Hi Nate!

Sometimes poser files have absolute references to files in a pc, like "C:/Program files..." that begin with the drive letter and several folders.

The correct way of having them is as relative references that begin with "Runtime...."

When files with wrong references are moved to another computer the files may not load well.

It sounds that is what is happening. The figures load but they don't find the other files because references are absolute.

You can change them to relative in several ways so they work again.

But first make a backup copy of your files before changing them.

It may help to confirm if this is the problem if you can post here the content of one of those files, or much better, post the file attached to the thread if this can be done :)

When I see the file, I can tell you how to change it :)

FilePath.jpg
    689 x 311 - 130K
    BoyNoTexture.jpg
    701 x 556 - 14K
    edited December 1969

Sorry I did not explain myself well. I mean open the file in a plain text editor, for example Notepad. Then search for the word "textures" or "Runtime" to see how are the references.

edited December 1969

FANTASTIC!!
    PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks, the answer lies in not adding a library using the Poser 6 Runtime, but just the Poser 6 main folder itself

WONDERFUL... THANK YOU!!! Freak-out over

Kerya said:
    Are there two runtimes - one for P6 and one for PP2012?
    In that case you have to add the P6 runtime to PP2012:
    https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2083
    FreakOut.jpg
    600 x 535 - 111K
    edited January 2014

Sorry I did not explain myself well. I mean open the file in a plain text editor, for example Notepad. Then search for the word "textures" or "Runtime" to see how are the references.

Thanks... but the post above from Kerya solved the issue.... see my note in subsequent post
    I greatly appreciate your help, sorry if I was dense about it.... I use all sorts of software, but sometimes the acrobatics of computer system is a mystery... :o

edited December 1969

Great it solved! :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

:) That is good to hear!!!