Retired

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
edited February 2021 in Freebies

Retired

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

Thanks for this little gem. Will probably quietly get used more than 98% of my other stuff.

you rock.

--ms

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited February 2021

nm

• p0rtp0rt Posts: 217

you can go to the edit menu then object->zero->

edited October 2019
    p0rt said:

you can go to the edit menu then object->zero->

Thanks - in addition, you can also use the little dock-menus on the posing, shaping, or paramters tabs and find the same zero or clear animation functions as you mention from the edit menu.

That said, I find great value in my workflow to add these as actions in my 'scripts' menu for one-pop clearing of a figure.

It's probably even possible to map this to a keystroke or function-key, (or "visual menus" if you own it!) but I just prefer these presets.

There are a couple of material clearing duf files and dsa scripts that I trust more than the supplied surface p(resets) as well.

More options are always a win!

cheers,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited February 2021

nm

mindsong said:
    [edit]

That said, I find great value in my workflow to add these as actions in my 'scripts' menu for one-pop clearing of a figure.

[edit]

More options are always a win!

cheers,

--ms

That's a great place for stashing useful scripts! I just wish that they would "stay put" ... should be about 7 scripts, today only 1 was still there :-(

I get that too, especially when I reset my workspace layout because of something gone bugger in DS. It'll leave some of the things and not others. Refreshing menus doesn't do much for this either.

There is the one (quasi)user file in \Users\==YOU==\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\customactions.dsx that you can probably save and restore when this happens, but ... it's easy enough to just add the actions again when you need them rather than try to chase this DS tail, although I periodically save that entire Studio4 sttings folder as a dated zip, for insurance... Maybe I'll go do that now - it's been a while... :)

cheers!

--ms