M4 morphs++ are not working. Any idea why ?

TabbycatTabbycat Posts: 207
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I am using Poser 9 on Windows based machine.

I had Michael 4 and his morphs++ all working a while ago but now nothing.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Michael and the morphs and still they don't work.

So, it has been a while since I used them but I am pretty sure I am doing it correctly but maybe not.

So any idea or guess you have would be appreciated in helping me to determine how I get these to working again.
I just got Character of Men for M4 and would love to get that working but it needs those morphs++

Changing the subject.
Can you have too much stuff installed in Poser ? Just wondering if this is why items like these aren't working.

Cheers,
Tabbycat

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you rerun the bat file, The one which says you need to initialise the installation after installing M4. DzCreateExPFilesM4

• TabbycatTabbycat Posts: 207
    edited January 2014

chohole said:
    Did you rerun the bat file, The one which says you need to initialise the installation after installing M4. DzCreateExPFilesM4

Hey Chohole,

Well I did not run that bat file and I am thinking that is why stuff don't work so good for me.
    I will go run it now and let you know if that was the problem or not.

Thanks.

Ok I ran the DzCreateExPFilesM4 file and then fired up Poser 9 and it still does not work.

Can having too much stuff installed in Poser be the reason ?

Tabbycat

Post edited by Tabbycat on
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Do you still need to run the bat file if you are using DIM to install the items?

ncamp

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

ncamp said:
    chohole said:

Do you still need to run the bat file if you are using DIM to install the items?

ncamp

I don't think so, but I was just clutching at straws to see if I could think of anything that would help poor TC.

I use an older version of Poser, P8, and I keep quite a few runtimes going, so actually only have the base figures installed to the actual Poser runtime.

I am not certain if there is a limit to the amount of stuff you can have in a runtime.

Maybe ask in the Poser forum TC. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/300/

I could even move this thread over there for you if you wanted.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TabbycatTabbycat Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ncamp said:
    chohole said:

ncamp

I don't think so, but I was just clutching at straws to see if I could think of anything that would help poor TC.

I use an older version of Poser, P8, and I keep quite a few runtimes going, so actually only have the base figures installed to the actual Poser runtime.

I am not certain if there is a limit to the amount of stuff you can have in a runtime.

Maybe ask in the Poser forum TC. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/300/

I could even move this thread over there for you if you wanted.

Yes please move it.

Tabbycat

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    chohole said:

ncamp
    If using DIM, then no.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Where is your content installed,, and do you have more than one content folder?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    ncamp said:
    chohole said:

ncamp

If using DIM, then no.

Yes, I found I need to run it when using DIM...

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Vaskania said:
    ncamp said:
    chohole said:

ncamp

If using DIM, then no.

Yes, I found I need to run it when using DIM...

Really? Do you have errors in the log?

edited December 1969

Looks like hundreds; which ones are relevant? At second look, I don't think I've installed any V4 nor M4 morph packs during the period covered by the log...
    edited December 1969

WandW said:

Looks like hundreds; which ones are relevant? At second look, I don't think I've installed any V4 nor M4 morph packs during the period covered by the log...

When you install ExP morphs DIM should note that it ran the initialization in the log. It may be that it says the install succeeded in the interface even if the log says the initialization failed. Where is your content installed?

edited January 2014

Content is installed on my D: drive.

Most of the errors seem to be for missing metadata.....

EDIT: Actually, a lot of errors are are this set repeated...

Processed 1294 installed products totaling 56.0 GB
    Product 4638-1 has the same name as 5028-1:Anime 101
    Product 4555-1 has the same name as 5027-1:Oriental Seasons
    Product 4337-1 has the same name as 5238-1:Azrea&Sylph; for V3
    Product 4336-1 has the same name as 5261-1:Vega for V3
    Product 4335-1 has the same name as 5263-1:Pheobe for V3
    Product 4314-1 has the same name as 5262-1:Tanya for V3
    Product 4311-1 has the same name as 5264-1:Kasha for A3
    Product 4310-1 has the same name as 5237-1:Azrea & Sylph for A3
    Product 3527-1 has the same name as 5037-1:Tru Ceremonial
    Product 3488-1 has the same name as 4988-1:The Ray Sled
    Product 3235-1 has the same name as 5005-1:Hiro's Anime Poses
    Product 3121-1 has the same name as 4994-1:ArtemisX Expansion Pack
    Product 3058-1 has the same name as 5241-1:MyLilAlien
    Product 2974-1 has the same name as 5228-1:Bikini Babe
    Product 2593-1 has the same name as 5248-1:Glorious Goth
    Product 2494-1 has the same name as 5017-1:FaeMate: Redhead
    Product 2490-1 has the same name as 5247-1:Lollipop Lovely
    Product 2458-1 has the same name as 5046-1:Style Magic for Ultimate Changing Ponytail
    Product 2428-1 has the same name as 5021-1:La Plume
    Product 2285-1 has the same name as 5045-1:Precious Petals for Morphing Face Masks
    Product 1753-1 has the same name as 5038-1:Kung-Fu Clothes for M3
    Product 1542-1 has the same name as 5244-1:Genesis Rage Outfit
    Product 1541-1 has the same name as 5236-1:M3 Sci-Fi Outfit
    Product 1454-1 has the same name as 5234-1:V3 Male Clothing Pack
    Product 1397-1 has the same name as 5243-1:Road Warrior Vicky
    Product 805-1 has the same name as 5224-1:Phoebe for Aiko
    Product 688-1 has the same name as 5004-1:Outlander for Michael
    Processed 1940 products with 2668 unique product downloads

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

I uninstalled and reinstalled V4 Morphs++ and the log does indicate that the EXP creation scripts were run, so this must have been fixed since I first installed them with the first version of DIM back in early February......