A rather spiffing SteamPunk StageCoach freebie

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

A steampunk poser model with a cool twist! This one is inspired by Tom Brogden's fully working replica of Richard Trevthick's 1803 London Steam Carriage, as displayed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Akin to the original and replica, the engine on this 3d model is made from wrought iron polygons and all the woodwork carved from the finest Carrara vertexes.

Unlike other modes of transportation, such as the dashed infernal combustion engine (which can exceed the fatal speed of 30 MPH due to lack of air), this coach has a safe maximum speed of just 10 MPH. Plus a high exhaust stack means noxious fumes will be vented away from any passing horses and small children.

As well as featuring ultra comfortable seating with leather strap suspension, this poser version also has many modeled details. Such as bolts, accurate cogs & driving rods, steering, and even the beer barrel tribute as seen on the real replica.This attention to detail extends to the textures, such as including ash in the firebox.

Overall this model is spiffingly perfect for any gentleman who likes to travel around town in the latest form of mechanised convenveyance. Though ladyfolk should be aware when alighting or exiting the coach that their ankles can be visible.

http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

sc_forumpost_04.jpg
800 x 655 - 60K
sc_forumpost_03.jpg
800 x 500 - 85K
sc_forumpost_02.jpg
800 x 641 - 157K
sc_forumpost_01.jpg
800 x 622 - 86K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

SUPER COOL!!! Thank you So much for this item.

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is wonderful!! Thank you!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

super duper - thank you

• trumarcartrumarcar Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

This is a wonderful model. I have never seen such amazing wrought iron polygons. Thank you so much. :-)

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

wow! fantastic...thanks you so much!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

How well are the wrought iron polygons protected from rust? Given the current state of the roads/impromptu water slides this is a serious concern.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

How well are the wrought iron polygons protected from rust? Given the current state of the roads/impromptu water slides this is a serious concern.

fear not use Rust-Oleum's rust proof paint :-)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you! The spiffiness is evident - and your texts are always so much fun to read!

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Fred Dibnah would have loved this one too.
    Thank you mrsparky.

RealTrevithick.jpg
    980 x 920 - 194K
  • launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited January 2014

I would love to have this, but I can't see the item. When I open the link it ends with the old father time freebie. Is this still to be uploaded at your site? I assume it's a freebie since you are putting it up under freepository stuff! Thanks anyway!

EDIT: After I had cleared cookies, it works! Thank you! This is an awesome model. :)

Post edited by launok on
  • WillowingWillowing Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As I'm certain you know, you could charge good money for this. It is, quite literally, one of the neatest things I have seen trumped only by your good nature in offering it to everyone. I can only hope that things go well for you and that, one day, I am able to pay back your generosity. Thank you again.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787
    edited December 1969

This looks really fun. Plus, I was reminded of your site. I definitely plan to go back with some money to spend :D

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Love it! TYVM!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Willowing said:
    As I'm certain you know, you could charge good money for this. It is, quite literally, one of the neatest things I have seen trumped only by your good nature in offering it to everyone. I can only hope that things go well for you and that, one day, I am able to pay back your generosity. Thank you again.
    Mr. Sparky charges good money for other things - that are even better than this. I'm a happy customer.
  • mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone and apols for not caching these sooner- as per a comment posted in another thread just seen the replies and still playing catch up.

Willowing - yea I know this one coulda been a chargeable. But I'm not so worried about that, I know poserdom is never to make anyone rich. Plus I think theres a simple truth for most of us, we can't afford 3dstuff because everything else is so expensive right now.

I like making freebies, which allows more folks get to escape from the BS of reality, and the odd person helps out where they can, so I figure that all balances up the karmic scales of life thingyamig.

tjeb - thats a r'et northern looking scene there! Reckon this place - http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/507149 - would make a great photo backdrop for this model - just around the corner from some great (AKA beautifully un-healthy) pie shops as well:)