Miki cannot find her clothes ...

FranRFranR Posts: 33
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I decided to rebuild my runtime(s), and ran into a bump. I installed Miki 4, but she comes with few clothing (there there, my dear, it will be alright) and I got her a lovely clothing bundle. I installed it in the standard poser folder and when I refreshed my library it didn't show.

Now ... it's been quite a while since I had something installed and I have no clue what's wrong. I did glance at the manual, but it is a scary thing in itself with its gazillian pages to browse through :-S

When I looked at its folder thingy it looked it was installed in Miki 4 clothing, which is a library that is already there. And I copied the files from runtime to runtime ... that much I remembered.

Help, please?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

What's the full path to one of the items that isn't showing up?

• FranRFranR Posts: 33
    edited January 2014

Full path is (wow it's very long):

C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Libraries\Props\Clothing\Miki4 Clothing\Frills and Lace

Miki's base clothing is in:

C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Libraries\Props\Clothing\Miki4 Clothing\Miki4 Basics

arf I'm such a noob again :snake:

Post edited by FranR on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I think (not at my renderpc at the moment) that SmithMicro has a tendency to put clothes in the props folder, not the figures folder, even when they are conforming ...

edited December 1969

Yes, often clothing is found in the props folder - but when I now look at the props folder of Miki 4 Clothing, I only see miki4 Basics and not Frills and Lace.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited January 2014

Why are you installing content to the Poser Program runtime? The default location is in Shared Documents, for very good reason if you are using Windows Vista or higher; User Account Control restricts writing under the Program Files hirearchy....

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

It was just a quick install to see if I got it working or not. I have several runtimes set up now and make a destinction between poser and daz (and A3, A4 etc.)

It's also because part of the content you can't change and after that I just stuck to the same install directory.

Anyway, I'll see if moving helps.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

The only content I put into the main Poser program runtime are Python scripts that I want to show up on the Scripts menu, and add-ins such as Reality and the DSON importer.

I have my Studio runtime added to Poser as an external runtime; that way I can use Genesis easily in both applications...