Poser CF files

PookPook Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this one...

I've got a number of items in my Genesis library that do not have the appropriate Poser CF files so that I can add them to my main Poser library. I know it's possible to create the CF files, and I've followed the tutorial that I found here, but it really seems to be hit and miss as to whether it works - at the moment I've managed one to work a few weeks ago, but trying again today, I just can't seem to do it.

Is there any easier way, or even a better tutorial out there? I'd like to be able to pick up some more things from Daz3D, but if I can't import them properly, it's not worth it....

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

DimensionX has a free Python script that will launch a file browser from which you can select a .duf file, which will then be sent to the DSON Importer without the need to go through the library. However, not everything in DSON format will import successfully into Poser.

• PookPook Posts: 121
    edited January 2014

DimensionX has a free Python script that will launch a file browser from which you can select a .duf file, which will then be sent to the DSON Importer without the need to go through the library. However, not everything in DSON format will import successfully into Poser.

I'll have to have a look into that one - after a bit of playing around, it turned out that the failures were caused by the files not being .DUF to begin with. I've managed to convert one object into it now so it works as I'd like, but some of the others are going to take a lot more playing around - mostly because I need to figure out how the multi-part texturing works before I convert the next one - I guess I was just hoping for there to be an easier way to do it!

EDITED:

Well, found the script and tested it once or twice - works on .DUF and .DSF files, so I can get it working with most things, but if I want to get it working with materials I need to convert them to .DUF first.... Thanks for suggesting it though!

EDITED mk2:

Woo! I can create, texture and make sure there's no poke through in Daz3D, save the image and then import the whole chunk in Poser via the DSON importer. Thank you so much for that one!

Post edited by Pook on