DSON

Tinkerbell05Tinkerbell05 Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Ok I am sure this has been posted and answered, and I am just not patient enough to hunt it down. I have poser 9, I have gotten DSON importer but no matter what I do it wont work for me I can't use any of my genesis stuff in poser can anyone please help me? I don't know if I am missing something when I install if I have the wrong version or what but I really need some help :(.

Comments

• PookPook Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Ok I am sure this has been posted and answered, and I am just not patient enough to hunt it down. I have poser 9, I have gotten DSON importer but no matter what I do it wont work for me I can't use any of my genesis stuff in poser can anyone please help me? I don't know if I am missing something when I install if I have the wrong version or what but I really need some help :(.

Have you got the Poser Content Files installed? If you're seeing nothing in your library, then you probably haven't got them....

I found the easiest thing to do was to do the following (Stolen from another post I typed a while back)...

It took me two or three attempts to do it and in the end I gave in trying to install them manually and went with the Daz Install Manager. The process I went through to get it working is as follows: (Feel free to adjust depending on how you set up your runtime libraries!)

1) Create a new runtime for Genesis
    2) In Daz Install Manager, click on Settings then Installation
    3) Select "Install to Selected Path"
    4) Click on the "+" sign and browse to my Genesis runtime folder
    5) Give it an appropriate name - in my case "Genesis" - everything else gets installed manually.
    6) Select "Genesis" as "Current:"
    7) Click "Accept"
    8) Click on "Ready to Download"
    9) Tick "Install after downloaded"
    10) Find and tick the content you want in the list
    11) Click "Start Queue".

The important parts to be aware of - you need to make sure you select the Genesis Starter Essentials, and I'd also grab the Genesis 2 Essentials from the store as well. Once you've done that and you're going through the rest of the files you want to install, MAKE SURE YOU TICK EVERYTHING WITH "CF" AFTER THE NAME FOR VICTORIA, MICHEAL AND THE GENESIS ESSENTIALS. If you don't do this, they won't show up at all.

Once it's done with all the installs (you might want to check the queue once or twice) go back into Poser and add the new Genesis runtime to your library. Everything should then work :)