DazSculptorFree

This discussion was created from comments split from: GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3.

Comments

• DazSculptorFree is a free add-on for freely customizingGenesis8 figures from DazStudio.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

whoa cool

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited October 2019

Sigh, oh the things that the Blender folk do ... I keep trying but somethings, I dunno, just never meant to be ...

I downloaded Blender. They have revamped the interface big time, looks good. I followed the instructions. Maybe you have some idea what this message means?

sigh.png
    1592 x 859 - 633K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Sorry, the script for Blender 2.80 was compressed to DTB_v279,and the script for Blender 2.79 was compressed to DTB_v280.

Very embarrassing.
    It has already been corrected.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307

Assuming you are using Blender 2.80 then I think you may be OK to ignore that warning. I've had it on a couple of plugins for Blender - just try to use it and see if it works.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Wow! That is awesome freebie & your sculpting is good.

• oumi3dcg said:

Sorry, the script for Blender 2.80 was compressed to DTB_v279,and the script for Blender 2.79 was compressed to DTB_v280.

Very embarrassing.
    It has already been corrected.

Okay, I'll go redownload everything and try again, thank you.

edited October 2019

... and one day they might pay me never to return lol ...

okay ... ?what .ini file? I looked in all the usual places, program folders, the new folders, no find one.

This is W10. We do not always see eye to eye on how to do things but W10 always wins yeah.

The DS plugin loaded :-)

but uh, okay there's a long list of possible add-ons and several that have check-marks INCLUDING something for .obj import/export. Unfortunately the program doesn't know that and gives one no options for importing/exporting any .obj files. There is no mention for the G8F anywhere. And yes it was loaded in D/S and the script was run. It was made into a base object. And over in the Documents folders it placed the .obj file.

Now presumably the concept would be to get the .obj into Blender. How?

that looks better.png
    658 x 553 - 59K
    funsville.png
    1314 x 446 - 414K
    this folder.png
    641 x 532 - 40K
    edited October 2019

Update: Reinstalled Blender "one more time" ... this time selected a location outside of the normal program folders ... and now it can find to import, and export .obj files and allegedly a lot of others too :-)

Still no reference to importing G8F, I tried a manual import and the result upon returning it to D/S was not pretty, nope. Explosion city. Sigh. {and no .ini files either}

Well I tried ... back to Hexagon.

But I think I'll keep Blender for abit and see if with the new UI we can achieve other projects with it.

But for those for whom this works, this is wonderful, thank you for all involved in making such plugins available.

• Sweet very nice plugin.

• ... and one day they might pay me never to return lol ...

okay ... ?what .ini file? I looked in all the usual places, program folders, the new folders, no find one.

This is W10. We do not always see eye to eye on how to do things but W10 always wins yeah.

but uh, okay there's a long list of possible add-ons and several that have check-marks INCLUDING something for .obj import/export. Unfortunately the program doesn't know that and gives one no options for importing/exporting any .obj files. There is no mention for the G8F anywhere. And yes it was loaded in D/S and the script was run. It was made into a base object. And over in the Documents folders it placed the .obj file.

Please select "Daz Sculptor Free" TAB.

daz.png
    1314 x 446 - 400K
  • oumi3dcg said:

... and one day they might pay me never to return lol ...

edit ...

Please select "Daz Sculptor Free" TAB.

1/2 blind I is, okay ... I'll go look for that.

edited October 2019

Success! Thank you :-)

miracles.png
    1600 x 841 - 712K
    success.png
    749 x 622 - 110K
  • There are no dumb questions just ask if you don't understand. Nice green horns.

• oumi3dcg said:

DazSculptorFree is a free add-on for freely customizingGenesis8 figures from DazStudio.

hmmmm...

When I went to the link, it insists I pay something for it. Not a free plugin?frown

• oumi3dcg said:

DazSculptorFree is a free add-on for freely customizingGenesis8 figures from DazStudio.

hmmmm...

When I went to the link, it insists I pay something for it. Not a free plugin?frown

;-) Put a "0" in that slot, it is free.

• oumi3dcg said:

hmmmm...

;-) Put a "0" in that slot, it is free.

Thanks! That worked. laugh

• Looks like a good general purpose sculpting tool for Blender.  I will play with it.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

I've been trying to "shrinkwrap" a face onto G8F's face. It has worked, but I've been left with a line running all the way around G8F's face (and the vertices in a mess). I've uploaded a picture as I don't feel like I've explained it very well. Is there a way to avoid this, or does anyone know to fix this, mainly without affecting the rest of the mesh?

Untitled.png
    1366 x 698 - 274K
    Untitled2.png
    1366 x 694 - 318K
  • N_R Arts said:

I've been trying to "shrinkwrap" a face onto G8F's face. It has worked, but I've been left with a line running all the way around G8F's face (and the vertices in a mess). I've uploaded a picture as I don't feel like I've explained it very well. Is there a way to avoid this, or does anyone know to fix this, mainly without affecting the rest of the mesh?

I have not yet tried shrinkwrapping ... nor do I know much about the tools in Blender yet ... in Hexagon one would use the smoothing brush to push the ridged mesh back into a proper shape. There is a smoothing brush in Blender too, just use it gently.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

I have not yet tried shrinkwrapping ... nor do I know much about the tools in Blender yet ... in Hexagon one would use the smoothing brush to push the ridged mesh back into a proper shape. There is a smoothing brush in Blender too, just use it gently.

I've been using Blender for a couple of years now, but I still have to search the net to find out how to do things (even things that I've done before). I've Shrinkwrapped clothing, but I've had to use other modfiers to make them look better/clean up the mesh. It looks like it'll be the same with shrinkwrapping faces.

I've been using "Smooth Vertex" tool. It has "unfolded" quite a bit of the mesh. I've got no idea with how I'm going to sort out/fix the corners of her eyes. I'm (also) getting to a point where I can't tell if I'm making alterations to the mesh anymore. I need new eyes ^^'

Thank you for helping. :)

Untitled.png
    800 x 600 - 167K