HitFilm 2 Express free until Feb 2

michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Hi guys,
FXhome is making HitFilm 2 Express free until Feb 2. In a nutshell it is a hybrid video editor and visual effects software, similar to Adobe After Effects. And has a similar free deal going also for PhotoKey 6 Lite a creative green screen photography editor. The only thing is they are both for Windows 64bit system!

In return FXhome is asking people to share the news of the offer on Facebook or Twitter.

http://community.hitfilm.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-328-get-hitfilm-2-express-for-free
https://fxhome.com/photokey/free

Comments

• Senor_MonkeySenor_Monkey Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Thanks! That is just about the most awesome thing I've heard all year :)

• gheveyghevey Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Hi posted this yesterday does not seem to have stuck.
    High quality film compositor.
    Works with 3D props.
    Get it here https://hitfilm.com/express/free
    Hope you find this useful.
    Gerard

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

Move to the freepository as it is a limited time freebie.

Merged because there is already a thread on the same topic there.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Hello
    Today I received in my email, HitFilm Newsletter - Get HitFilm 2 Express for free

https://hitfilm.com/express/free

edited December 1969

Thread merged with the others on this subject.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thread merged with the others on this subject.

Well ... Ok ... I even rolled a few pages on commons forum to see if anyone else had posted this ... Since I got to visit the commons, and the forum of animations ...

edited December 1969

Freebies should be posted in the Freepository, There is actually a thread for limited time freebies, but it is a little bit back even in the Freepository.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited December 1969

Hitfilm is pretty cool. I would think people who frequent the animation forums would find information about this offer the most useful.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I dl'd this, but when I try to open it says I need OpenGL version 2, GLSL version 1.2, and 32-bit colors. As far as I can tell, my graphics card meets all those. Anyone else having this problem and/or know a fix for it? I'm not able to get past that screen to open the program.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

I will try these out.

THank you.

• Senor_MonkeySenor_Monkey Posts: 126
    edited January 2014

wwes said:
    I dl'd this, but when I try to open it says I need OpenGL version 2, GLSL version 1.2, and 32-bit colors. As far as I can tell, my graphics card meets all those. Anyone else having this problem and/or know a fix for it? I'm not able to get past that screen to open the program.

I got exactly the same message. I've not touched it since, but if I find a solution I'll be sure to post it.

*EDIT*

I've done some research - looks like any integrated intel hd chipset insn't supported below the hd3000, even though it should technically run the software. I'm patching a few things, see if I can get a workaround running :)

Meanwhile, here's a link to a mock-up trailer I made in DAZ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151819320887257&set=vb.710477256&type=2&theater;

Post edited by Senor_Monkey on
  • rigomrtsfxrigomrtsfx Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

your going to have to upgrade to
    HitFilm 2 Ultimate for 3D model import and 3D camera tracking with mocha and animate

note i tryed to use the walk files with the export with v4 info hitfilm it could not read the daz format....
    i am useing HitFilm 2 Ultimate other daz models will work just fine

edited December 1969

Merged with the thread on this subject

• rigomrtsfxrigomrtsfx Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

HitFilm 2 Express what you need to know before trying to put your 3d models into the program
    it will not work you are going to be missing a import tab your going to have to upgrade to
    HitFilm 2 Ultimate for 3D model import and 3D camera tracking with mocha and animate

other things you need to know
    note i tryed to use the walk files with the export with v4 info hitfilm it could not read the daz format….
    other daz models will work just fine.......but the wallk cycle just will not work all your animation is done with hitfilm
    it just cant read daz

what it can do is
    things like trucks wheels move and or turn forwards and backwards just fine
    jets wings can move ..... just fine

its more for film making of gun fire and things
    but if you do your animation in daz and export it into HitFilm 2 Express you can do some cool things
    like gunfire and other things ,

HitFilm 2 Express is a powerhouse of some great fxs and editing is very good
    if you ask me HitFilm 2 Ultimate is the version you need to get .........HitFilm 2 Ultimate has everything you need

the breakdown
    HitFilm 2 Express is just Basic to get you started
    and its missing alot of things .......like tracking of 3d models note there is 2 trackers the main one is missing in HitFilm 2 Express
    is 3D camera tracking with mocha this is the one your really going to need .....your not missing that many fxs and presets
    its the tracking thats the main one you need and import of the 3d models tab

HitFilm 2 Ultimate Advanced
    has everything for your 3d models you need to be put into your films
    from all the tracking needs , Advanced 3D particle simulation,

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

Merged another thread. With offers like this that are bound to be popular please check that there isn't an existing thread before starting a new one.