Poser Pro 2014 Installing V4

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me. I just got Poser Pro 2014 and installed it in the way it was recommended and everything was fine. Then as the last version of Poser I have used was Poser 7..... I installed V4 into the main runtime folder. I now know that she should have her own folder and should not be in the main runtime.

My question is how do I uninstall the V4 content so that I can set it up in a separate directory outside of Poser Pro 2014. Right now I can't access her in any way and I'm afraid all the files that are there may cause problems for me if they are not correctly un-installed.

I could just cry cause I've been trying to find a way to fix this and while I knew this was going to be a big learning curve I was hoping to be able to start off simply with my favourite character. :(

Very confused.
RainbowGypsy

Comments

• edited December 1969

Duh... ok, just found the uninstall for the products in my all programs listing. Will this solve my problem? Then when I create a DAZ character folder does it have to be in any particular tree order?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited January 2014

You can have V4 in the default Runtime if you wish, assuming you didn't place the default in the application folder. If you don't then the folder you install should be outside any of your existing content library folders and not in Program Files or the equivalent, and you should add it to Poser's list of external libraries.

After uninstalling V4 go in and delete the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folder (assuming it's still there). If you are using Vista or a later version of Windows, and if you had installed V4 to a location in Program Files or the equivalent, you will also want to go to C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\ and delete any Victoria 4 folder in that - AppData is a hidden folder by default so you will need to enable the display of hidden files and folders via Control Panel>Folder Options>View tab.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on