Please help...McJteleblender2 Error Message

edited December 1969 in Freebies

"Problem: Unable to open C://scene.mtl" (with both forward-slashes) appears every time I try to run McJteleblender2. Both scripts were extracted properly in their respective Daz 4.6 and Blender 2.69 program folders, as near as near as I can tell, and it's doing this on both my laptop and desktop, which are both Windows 7 64-bit.
Strangely, when I installed it on an older 32-bit machine (also Win 7), this didn't happen--it ran fine.
Please help. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance.

McJError.jpg
1366 x 768 - 241K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

Try using a subfolder rather than the root (in other words, create a folder on your C: drive and tell the script to place its files there).

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply.
    How do you tell it to do that? I couldn't find the setting for it in the McjT window. Do you have to alter the script? If so, what program do you use?

edited December 1969

I've not used the script, but I would expect by using the Browse buttons next to the file names in the dialogue.

• edited December 1969

Honestly, I thought those were presets you couldn't mess with too much without screwing up the script, in case it was writing things back and forth.
    But, I just went and created a new folder ( C:/blend)and switched them all to it. Now it works. Thanks again.

edited December 1969

Good, glad that worked.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited January 2014

when you click the script's "Export" buttons, the script saves the entire scene as an .obj file
    this obj file is accompanied by a .mtl file and a .bat file

after you render the scene in Blender and optionally save your blender scene file, you could brose to this location and delete the obj/mtl/bat/bpy files

the location of the .obj file can be anywhere on your hard disks ( if windows allows it )

the C:/scene.obj is basically a fake location and filename and should be replaced by something valid

using the "browse" button next to the "Export scene as obj" box

pp.jpg
    947 x 567 - 93K
    Post edited by mCasual on