How do i use what I made

R1CH1R1CH1 Posts: 80
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I'm not sure if this should of been a DAZ3D question or a Hexagon question. I'm extremely new to making my own content, so this might sound stupid.. I just made my first.. piece of clothing.. Now I'm trying to figure out how it works with the model... Is there something you guys do to get things to auto fit? I would even settle for multi parenting.. since.. I tried parenting this jacket to the models chest, but the arms didn't follow..

any tips?

Sang_Jacket02.jpg
554 x 686 - 54K
Sang_jacket01.jpg
716 x 700 - 66K

Comments

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

You have to "rig" the jacket to the model to make it fit and follow. There are several tutorials about rigging on the forums. Do a search and I am sure you will find what you need.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

search transfer utility
    quick answer, click the icon that looks a bit like a male symbol, pick genesis current in the window and your mesh current
    bodysuit or shirt for clothing l, make sure you load it from hex in default position it has to fit, under advanced choose reverse from target and tick add smoothing modifier if you wish and fit to figure, then click the button to run it.

• R1CH1R1CH1 Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

hey thanks.. I found it under 'transfer utility' ..like you said,, thanks

edited December 1969

So the tutorial made sense.. and I know generally how it works..
    but I still ran into a snag.

jacket_ex_03.jpg
    1080 x 790 - 87K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

yes your default position is wrong it must load lined up to the right position on the figure to work
    you can either send to Hexagon, translate it and reimport it or line it up in Daz studio, delete genesis, export as obj using Daz studio preset and reimport

edited December 1969

it worked! Thanks again