Issues with creating objects from lines

GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi folks;

It has been awhile since I used HEX ( Couple of years due to lack of decent computer ) Now I have gotten back into my 3D Art and have HEX 2.5 installed on my newest system ( WIN 7 Pro - 64 Bit / HEX is installed in an x86 program file )

Perhaps I have just turned stupid over the past few years or perhaps it is an issue with HEX and my system, but I used to be able to take a poly line and or Helix and create an object file from them and export to other programs such as Bryce and DAZ Studio. I used to make various cables and wires for projects doing this.

But now, I cannot get any lines I create in HEX to do anything and it won't turn into a solid. Primitives work fine in HEX, but the various line commands don't seem to do anything other than sit there after I make the initial shape. Am I missing something that I used to do but have forgotten along the way, or do I just have an issue between HEX and my new system. I know it should work, as in the past I posted quite a few freebies of cables, etc. I made this way, but just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried validate, apply, etc to no avail and even did an uninstall and reinstall of the program. ( Trying to select all and group did not do anything either )

Appreciate any thoughts on what I might be missing in the way of some steps here that I could have forgotten? Thanks and have a great day....

Signed: Dumbfounded in MI ;-) / Bruce aka goshtac

Comments

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

Perhaps adding Thickness from Surface modeling menu.

Clip_1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 302K
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Most of what I do starts off with a polyline of some sort and I have the same set-up as you (except that my Hex is not installed in X86) so it definitely works.

It does depend on what type of polyline you are using - some have to be validated and DG collapsed before you can do anything with them - could that be the problem?

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys for the responses

Yup - It was the thickness setting I forgot and this solved the problem. After being away from my software for 2 years, I just had to relearn a few simple steps.

Thanks again and have a great week!

Bruce