Would G2F take Poser specific mats in Poser?

Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I know in DS, G2F is dependent on mats being in duf, but is the same true in Poser? Will she accept Poser pz2/mc6/mt5 or is she completely dependent on dson/duf/posercf for even the mats?

Comments

• EmmaAndJordiEmmaAndJordi Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Hi Vaskania,

G2F in fact accepts poser mats.
    For example, when we do a product we also do poser mats, because you know that Poser and DAZ use different render engine, so pz2, mc6 files are needed.

Those poser mats are usually beside duf files when used with Genesis 2 because of a reason: Gen2F can have several uv mappings. For example, if you are using V6 mapping or V5 mapping, Poser needs to be told which one through DSON. So usually, for characters, there is a duf file that tells the mapping to use, and then a poser mat that is loaded at the same time, which sets the Poser-specific mats :)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2014

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of using my current V4 mats. I did buy Victoria 4 for G2F by Mallenlane and set the V4 UV using the included *.mc6. The problem is, when I tried using a V4 pz2/mc6, the mats loaded fine, but they loaded onto the zones w/ the "legacy" naming convention. V5 skins are doing the same thing. They're going onto the legacy zones.

I posted on RDNA asking if there's a script somewhere to automate the process of copying mats located in the legacy zones to the new ones.

I'm trying to avoid having a DS version, a Poser version, and a PoserCF version. Thats 3x the files for the same materials.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • EmmaAndJordiEmmaAndJordi Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

OMG not sure if I can help. Maybe you can talk to Mallenlane and they can surely give some hint on how to do that ;)

edited December 1969

Haha no worries. I wouldn't be surprised if what I'm looking for can't be done anyways. :P

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited February 2014

G2F will not take a V4 material file directly as the V4 UV is not the default. G1 could as the V4 UV was and then you needed DSON to switch to a different one. You may be able to use a material file that only changes the UV to V4, then you may be able to then use a material file made for V4.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

G2F will not take a V4 material file directly as the V4 UV is not the default. G1 could as the V4 UV was and then you needed DSON to switch to a different one. You may be able to use a material file that only changes the UV to V4, then you may be able to then use a material file made for V4.

That's what I did and it gets applied to the legacy material zones in Poser (the ones with the numbers).

Unless it's a bug. Take Sirena V5 for example. She's on V5's UVs, but yet look what happens in Poser using PoserCFs.

The mats get applied to the legacy material zones and don't show up on G2F.

sirenaV5_g2f-poser.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 1011K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

May not be a bug as generally every material file needs to be in DSON format to apply to G2, even in DS. In DS you can manipulate the legacy material zones, but generally G2 only saves out the new material zones. You may need to fill out a ticket to see if it's an issue. Also I believe the Genesis 2 Female UV is the default, not V5. V5 is for compatibility with the last generation.

edited February 2014

Well, I used a UVSetter by Slosh to set G2F to a V5 UV and tried reapplying Sirena.. still doesn't work. Again, Sirena was applied to the legacy surface zones and never showed up on G2F.

Note that I am applying SirenaV5 using the PoserCFs that came with it, and I do have the main DS version installed as well.

/edit
    Ok, there is seriously something screwed up with my G2F in Poser. I can't even apply the default Bree texture. Posted in Nuts & Bolts.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on