Victoria 4 face frozen

valagscryptvalagscrypt Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I spent quite a bit of time building a model; custom skins, finding all the right clothing and props...you get the picture. I can pose the body without issue, but when I went to play with the expressions, I discovered that her face is completely frozen. I can move her eyes and tongue, but nothing else. Doesn't matter if I use the dials or preloaded expressions, her face doesn't change. Am I doing something wrong? Did I accidentally uncheck some secret box? More importantly, how do I fix this?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DId you inject the basic morphs and the morphs++

• valagscryptvalagscrypt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh yes. I had all the morphs injected, and they all worked at first. For some reason though, by the time I finished constructing the model, the face had frozen. This isn't the first time it's happened to me, but this was by far the most important model it's happened to.

I ended up just jotting down all the adjustment dials, swapping out the Victoria base for a new one, then dialing it in, added textures, and parented everything to the new model. I really didn't want to have to go through all that again, but didn't have much of a choice.

If someone has a solution to the problem I'd be interested in knowing it because I'm sure this won't be the last time this will happen.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Did you happen to save the scene with Binary Morphs enabled in General Preferences?

• valagscryptvalagscrypt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I did, which makes it all the more perplexing. As imentioned above, everything else moves, both by dials and pre-made poses, except the facial expressions. I can load different faces, but can't change them via the dials. It's very frustrating.

On another note, my earlier change of replacing the original V4 model with a new one and parenting everything to it worked, until I went to pose her and then all sorts of wacky things started happening to the model. I've decided to just start over from scratch, saving the model all along the way, and everything is working flawlessly. I'd hoped to avoid doing that, but at least this way I'll be able to save this model knowing I can use it in the future without issue, and have previous versions saved in PZ3 files, should this happen again.

Thanks for trying though.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Never save V4 scenes with Binary Morphs enabled ... it breaks her.