DSON for poser 9?

PMamaMPMamaM Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Okay, I'm stumped. I have Poser 9. In the store and in the product description the DSON summary states;

This Plug-in requires either Poser 9 or Poser 2012 with SR3 (Or later).

Okay, so I have 9 therefore it should work, right?

When I used the DIM to install it, it informed me that:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

wait...what? The product page says poser 9, but the dumb DIM won't install it if you don't have 2012 or higher. **twitches**

So after saying some not very nice things to the DIM, I did manually download and installed to poser 9 and it didn't give me any complaints, though I haven't tried using it yet. (I'm stuck in a DAZ render and not sure when it will be done...)

I'm wondering, did I miss something? Is there another version I should have grabbed? Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

You need to tell DIM where your Poser's installed, otherwise it won't know. Click the cog wheel in the upper right of DIM and go to the Applications tab. Click the + sign in the lower left of the window that pops up. Change the Name from Daz Studio to Poser, select the version and the bit. Now click the button next to the path and browse for your main Poser installation. Hit accept and DIM should now know where to install the importer.

Be sure your Daz Studio app path in DIM is correct also.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Poser 9 is 32-bit only -- you can install the 32-bit DSON Importer, but the 64-bit version requires PoserPro.

• PMamaMPMamaM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Vaskana - That was the first thing I did, making sure the install path was correct. I even scanned through the forums here, found the Renderocity tutorial that went over getting the genesis content to show up (link is on the other computer, I'm on my kid's computer right now) just to make sure I was doing the install right and whatnot.

Fixmypcmike - That is a good point there, thank you. That hadn't even occurred to me. When I did the manual install, I installed the 32 bit. But I still had to redirect it to poser 9 as it defaulted to poser 2012.