Mobius Freebies

mobiusdesignsmobiusdesigns Posts: 0
edited February 2014 in Freebies

Product: Baal (v1.0)
Type: Actor (Head)
Base: Genesis 2 Male
Accessories: Horns
Files: REMOVED

Note: The status 'TESTING' indicates that this is not a ready product, and should only be downloaded by those who can easily delete content from their directory.

Comments or suggestions always welcome.

Baal.png
150 x 195 - 46K
Post edited by mobiusdesigns on

Comments

• mobiusdesignsmobiusdesigns Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Product: Thanos
    Type: Actor (Full Body Morph)
    Base: Genesis 2 Male
    Accessories: None
    Files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gvaa769qx613ke5

Note: The status ‘TESTING’ indicates that this is not a ready product, and should only be downloaded by those who can easily delete content from their directory.

Also, this shape does not (currently) include the skin material displayed in the image. I have to properly convert it to Daz3D standards.

Comments or suggestions always welcome.

Thanos.png
    500 x 650 - 207K
    edited December 1969

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had any trouble with my packed files? Are they 'installing' to the correct directories?

Thanks.

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited December 1969

Thanks for these - Your Thanos Morph installs perfectly - The Baal head morph works but not the horns -I think they need an OBJ file & that was not in the download as I assume his Horns are a prop for his head

I like both of these characters & will leave suggestions to the experts here :)

edited December 1969

Thanks, froggyhits. Appreciate the feedback.

I will fix the download link on the horns tomorrow. Thanos will be updated as well. I've started building his armor, and I've added a slider that will make him look more like Ron Lim's classic depiction.

Textures are coming.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for these!

I look forward to your work.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Mattymanx. :) I took a look at your store and you are amazing.

Froggy - I updated the link with metadata on the horns. You should be able to find Baal's horns in the content directory search. Just drag them over to Genesis 2 once he's morphed into Baal.

edited December 1969

Mods: Please evaluate the viability of this thread. Thus far, all of my freebies have been based on, or around, or derive from the base mesh. For the Baal horns, I actually sampled vertices from Genesis, duplicated them, and used them as an extrusion base.

Thanks.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If the morphs were made in Blender, not by setting the DAZ or other morphs, then both shapes are OK. The horns for Baal, if they were made by extruding from the Genesis x mesh, are not I'm afraid.

edited December 1969

The morphs were made in Blender, without Daz morphs. However, I've taken down the Baal morph because it would be in complete without the horns.

I could lie and say that I did not copy vertices from Genesis (and there would be absolutely no way to prove otherwise), but I will not do that.

No hard feelings at all, I'm just thoroughly confused on how to proceed with providing Daz3D content.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Could the horns be loaded in a way that you can create a separate morph or geograft from them?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

The morphs were made in Blender, without Daz morphs. However, I've taken down the Baal morph because it would be in complete without the horns.

I could lie and say that I did not copy vertices from Genesis (and there would be absolutely no way to prove otherwise), but I will not do that.

No hard feelings at all, I'm just thoroughly confused on how to proceed with providing Daz3D content.

For your Baal character, all you need to do for the horns is make them from scratch rather than extruding them from the Genesis mesh. It's no different from making clothes or armor in that regard.
    edited December 1969

If I were to create clothing, I would sample vertices (even a single vertex), duplicate, then extrude. The alternative is to drag new polygons over to the existing area. The result is the same, just slower.

By the way, geografting essentially requires you to duplicate existing vertices from the original mesh. So...

edited December 1969

If I were to create clothing, I would sample vertices (even a single vertex), duplicate, then extrude. The alternative is to drag new polygons over to the existing area. The result is the same, just slower.

By the way, geografting essentially requires you to duplicate existing vertices from the original mesh. So...

When I create clothing or other object, as I mentioned in your other thread, I start with a basic Primitive, such as a cylinder, cube, or sphere. for the past month, I've been building a motorcycle from scratch using just those basic shapes. This is true of everything I've made, from the hooded kataginu for my character Kageto, to the armored jacket, boots, and battle glove for my Night Warrior character, to the double-breasted coat, half mask, and opera cloak for my Buccaneer character, Mirandez. And, for the record, the result is not the same because using sampled vertices, means that those vertices are exact copies of existing mesh with the exact same position and vertex number. Geografting has very specific rules for their creation for distribution, requiring specific permissions, which I really don't know much about, because I don't create geografts.
    edited December 1969

Actually, I sample vertices to get close to where I want to be in 3D space. I rarely keep my vertices in the same position.

sampled.jpg
    766 x 811 - 95K
    edited December 1969

It doesn't matter, you don't need to do that, and you can't legally redistribute content made that way. IF you want to create content that way legally, there are plenty of "starter" meshes available specifically as merchant resources, some of which are freebies.

edited December 1969

Okie-dokie.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807
    edited March 2014

The easiest way is to RTEncode the Baal against a Genesis 2 file. This would comply with the DAZ EULA (Section 1.0, E), as it then requires the user to own the Genesis 2 mesh...

http://www.rtencoder.com/

Post edited by WandW on