Poser 7 Crash on startup

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Ok I think I screwed and need some help. I have Poser 7, and I copied the runtime folder from my old Poser 6 into the runtime in Poser 7 (yeah on hindsight that was stupid). Now when I try to start Poser 7 it crashes when it starts loading. Do I have to delete everything and start over? I removed the prefs hoping that it would fix the problem but it didn't. And if I do a fresh install how to I keep this from happening again? It took me 2 days to copy and install everything HELP!!!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Did you place your content in the Poser 7 application folder? If you are running Windows Vista or later that's a bad idea anyway - and it's better to use an external folder anyway (which is what Poser defaults to). But yes, I think you will have to reinstall unless you have a snapshot of some kind as you will have overwritten some core files by copying the Poser 6 application folder Runtime across.

• edited December 1969

THanks Richard, I was afraid you were going to say that...another 2 days down the drain.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Poser 7 doesn't default to an external content folder, so install it outside of C:/Program Files if you are using Windows; put it in C:/Poser7 or somesuch.

After you install Poser 7, add your Poser 6 runtime to the Poser 7 Library as an external runtime as shown here...

https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2083/~/installing-poser-content-from-previous-poser-versions