Speaker set, television and stand

Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160
edited March 2014 in Freebies

Hi

I would like to give my speaker set, tv and stand as a freebie for the daz community.

I am now at a point where I am happy with the look of them, so now I would like to ask what do I do next to package them and make them ready for everyone to use.

Plus I have used the omnifreaker Human Surface shader, for the surfaces. Do I need to request permission for the use of this ?

At the moment, they are al still separate shapes, (they are all named and grouped accordingly) but I am guessing I will need to fix them all together and bake the texture surfaces still ?

Also do I need to save them as a "preset" ?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Adrian

I have listed the things below that I have used to texture these....

Age of Armour (picture from paris room for the f1 picture)
Omnifreaker Human Surface (for the metal and plastic)
JG Leather (for the shader of leather on top of the wood surface)

Every thing else I have made using Bryce :)

angled_back_view_set.jpg
1861 x 874 - 240K
angled_view_set.jpg
1861 x 874 - 332K
front_view_set.jpg
1861 x 874 - 565K
room_scene_1.jpg
1861 x 874 - 1M
Post edited by Alpha01 on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited March 2014

I will let the packaging to the ones that know but in the meantime, no Baking required and no you don't need permission to make and share Uber Surfaces presets but can I ask why you used HSS instead of the full Uber Surface shader that comes with DS? It is more powerful than HSS. HSS is just a cut down version of Uber Surface anyway and primarily used for Skin.

PS they look awesome too, I saw them on the other thread.

Post edited by Szark on
  • Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I will let the packaging to the ones that know but in the meantime, no Baking required and no you don't need permission to make and share Uber Surfaces presets but can I ask why you used HSS instead of the full Uber Surface shader that comes with DS? It is more powerful than HSS. HSS is just a cut down version of Uber Surface anyway and primarily used for Skin.

PS they look awesome too, I saw them on the other thread.

Thanks I enjoyed making them, they took three days from start to finish.

I didn't use use the Uber Surface as I didn't know about it.
    I have a few stuff installed, so a lot of things can be over looked or not even known about. "sorry"

I will use what ever I can and will probably use Uber now as well :)

edited December 1969

oh don't be sorry I was just interested that was all.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    oh don't be sorry I was just interested that was all.

I am sure I over look half the things I have or can do better other ways. but it is fun finding new stuff or better still stumbling over an old thing you have :)

I have them all saved in individual scenes.

Do they need saving as something else or exporting or do I just zip the folder and send it ?

Who do I send it too, is it the same thing as submitting an item for sale ?

edited December 1969

It all depends, are these for Daz Studio only or for Poser too?

As for submitting I am not sure you can until you are a PA (Published Artist) selling things already. Most people use websites like ShareCG, Dropbox etc etc.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D doesn't host freebies, you need to find your own hosting. As Szark said Share cg is a popular choice.

edited December 1969

They were made in Bryce, sent to daz and all I did was group them shapes in daz.

I have a share cg account, so I can upload them to that, can I just WinRAR a folder containing the scene files and upload that ?

Will that upload the textures as well, or will the person downloading them need to have the right surface textures installed as well.

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375
    edited December 1969

Alpha01 said:
    They were made in Bryce, sent to daz and all I did was group them shapes in daz.

I have a share cg account, so I can upload them to that, can I just WinRAR a folder containing the scene files and upload that ?

Will that upload the textures as well, or will the person downloading them need to have the right surface textures installed as well.

Daz scene files contain few resources--no textures, geometry or morph data. It's mostly just the settings and info needed to compose a scene from other files.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

honestly obj is prob the easiest option with a mtl file and textures
    then one can load them via import in any app
    DS, Poser, Bryce, Carrara or other and apply their own surface/shader

edited December 1969

thanks for the replies.

So as they are, they are no use to any one as a scene file? that's so funny its almost sad.

So I will have to export each shape as a .obj file like, speaker shell, speaker cone (inner ring) (outer ring) speaker ball and speaker plate.

I guess its going to be a long day :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

Alpha01 said:
    thanks for the replies.

So as they are, they are no use to any one as a scene file? that's so funny its almost sad.

So I will have to export each shape as a .obj file like, speaker shell, speaker cone (inner ring) (outer ring) speaker ball and speaker plate.

IF you want to save them as any type of "Daz" file, they'd need to be saved as Props under Scene Assets, not as Scene files.
    edited December 1969

IF you want to save them as any type of "Daz" file, they'd need to be saved as Props under Scene Assets, not as Scene files.

Cheers man
    that's what I was trying to remember, my heads a shed sometimes :)

I am currently saving all the bits as objects individually.

So if I could ask for a volunteer when I have finished, that I could email them too, so they can check if everything works as they should when imported please.

That would be a great help :)

edited December 1969

Alpha01 said:
    thanks for the replies.

you are over thinking it. What Wendy is try to say is that each complete speaker (not separate parts of) etc can be saved as an OBJ making is usable for more people in more programs. You could always pop the OBJ's in the Geometry folder of the Runtime but it is your freebie to do what you want. These are only suggestions.

And as pointed out a Scene file is no good anyway.

edited December 1969

I welcome all comments and suggestions.

This is my first file I have done something (good enough) for uploading.

Any how, I have spent the last hour exporting the right files as objects. Each item has its own folder with each object in it, they import with the right textures and position within daz studio. Plus as they are individual objects, people can change the colour and surface of them to what ever they like.

I have had to break them down into two WinRAR files part 1 (104mb) and part 2 (155mb)

I am hoping this way anyone can use them in any program, its just a matter of time to import each object.
    I will now go and try to upload them to share cg :)

edited December 1969

I have uploaded them onto Share CG.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/75053/browse/5/3D-Model/Tv-set-and-sound-system-part-1

http://www.sharecg.com/v/75054/browse/5/3D-Model/Tv-set-and-sound-system-part-2

please let me know what you think or if they need changing ?

I hope no one has any problems with them and I am sorry they are such large files.

Enjoy :)

edited March 2014

Alpha01 said:
    I have uploaded them onto Share CG.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/75053/browse/5/3D-Model/Tv-set-and-sound-system-part-1

http://www.sharecg.com/v/75054/browse/5/3D-Model/Tv-set-and-sound-system-part-2

please let me know what you think or if they need changing ?

I hope no one has any problems with them and I am sorry they are such large files.

Enjoy :)

Yeah. You broke them down waaaaaaay too much. You don't need to break each component down into its own object file in order to give each piece its own material zone, and doing so makes it much too cumbersome to load. That's why your file was so large. As Szark said, Each complete Speaker should be one piece, the whole TV should be one piece. The whole TV Cabinate should be one piece, etc. I opened up your RAR files, and saw all those different object files and everything went right in the trash. No one is going to go through a load that many individual components just for a speaker or TV set. They want complete units, not all of the individual components separately.
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Ok
    So I have created a "new Geometry shell" named it small speaker.
    I "parented" all the objects into it and exported it as one object "small speaker.obj"

I imported it and everything loads ok and the surfaces can be changed still.

And the one test file is now 4mb.

Is that right ?

So I will now go and do the same with the rest :)

cheers

edited December 1969

Alpha01 said:
    Ok
    So I have created a "new Geometry shell" named it small speaker.
    I "parented" all the objects into it and exported it as one object "small speaker.obj"

I imported it and everything loads ok and the surfaces can be changed still.

And the one test file is now 4mb.

Is that right ?

So I will now go and do the same with the rest :)

cheers

A better solution would have been to group all of the parts together and export them as a single object rather than using a geometry shell.
    edited December 1969

you know, I tried that but when I imported them back, they just open as white solid objects.

I am nearly done now and the test file is small now.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Alpha01 said:
    you know, I tried that but when I imported them back, they just open as white solid objects.

That is what happens when I use Blender so I have to load the textures in manually in DS and then save as Prop > Scene Assets
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Alpha01 said:
    thanks for the replies.

TRAMP, is that on DS4 and up? I see nothing on DS3 about saving as Scene Assets.

edited December 1969

Alpha01 said:
    thanks for the replies.

TRAMP, is that on DS4 and up? I see nothing on DS3 about saving as Scene Assets.I don't know about DS3, I only use DS4 and up.