Tiling bone texture with bump and spec maps

PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
edited December 1969 in Freebies

I made this to create the bone-grip sabre in my latest product (Fantasy weapons collection 2), but I thought I'd share it with others too :)

Included:
1 Seamless 2048 x 2048 diffuse (color) map
1 Seamless 2048 x 2048 bump map
1 seamless 2048 x 2048 specular map

Can be used for commercial projects, but NO re-distribution! Please, see the included readme file for more detailed terms of use!

Probably not very suitable for large surfaces as the pattern becomes clearly visible...

Download here

BoneTexSample.jpg
256 x 256 - 96K

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Amazing :) thanks a lot.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638
    edited December 1969

Beautiful. It's just exactly what I was looking for. Thanks ever so much.

Charlie

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Got it, thanks so much!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

thank you, I've been needing something to use on skulls and skeletons for some time now

• PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

You're welcome all! :)

Zawarkal said:
    thank you, I've been needing something to use on skulls and skeletons for some time now

I hope they work on a skeleton! I haven't tested them on a "large" scale as originally they were not created for a general use but primarily for a rather small object (sword grip)...
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Porsimo said:

Zawarkal said:

I hope they work on a skeleton! I haven't tested them on a "large" scale as originally they were not created for a general use but primarily for a rather small object (sword grip)...

ok, but it is still better than anything else I have had to use

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638
    edited March 2014

Porsimo said:

Zawarkal said:

Here is a quick render made in DAZ Studio using default lights and with the textures made into a shader which was applied to the Dragon Skeleton

dragon_skeleton_bone_shader.jpg
    1291 x 839 - 165K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hint on how to get SOME variation on figures using this ONE texture. Do as noted so far and save the texture as a Shader.
    Step two. Rotate the texture 90 and NOW save it again as a Second Shader. You can now vary which you use on the different Mat zones on large sets of items for a bit more variety.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hint on how to get SOME variation on figures using this ONE texture. Do as noted so far and save the texture as a Shader.
    Step two. Rotate the texture 90 and NOW save it again as a Second Shader. You can now vary which you use on the different Mat zones on large sets of items for a bit more variety.

Also you can vary the tiling settings. And you don't have to stay the same on the horizontal and vertical...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

mjc1016 said:
    Jaderail said:

Also you can vary the tiling settings. And you don't have to stay the same on the horizontal and vertical...Yep it Tiles very well. On smaller items that is....

Post edited by Jaderail on