Poser10 / PoserPro2014 SR3.1 is here

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited March 2014

Oh - and you can get it at CP too:
    http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=20475
    (remember to choose the correct one in the dropbox thingie)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839
    edited December 1969

Hello I wonder if I may ask a question on this thread.

I first bought Poser at version 9 and there were a few upgrades. Last week I decided to buy Poser 10 and have installed it and the huge amount of content that came with it. I haven't checked extensively but it looks like all the content from version 9 is also in version 10.

Is there any point in keeping Poser 9 installed? If I remove it (I bought the CD version) would it be able to be installed on another machine with the upgrades (which I kept copies of)?

I have to say that I haven't used version 9 nearly enough - but I want to get into Poser a lot more.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Hello I wonder if I may ask a question on this thread.

I first bought Poser at version 9 and there were a few upgrades. Last week I decided to buy Poser 10 and have installed it and the huge amount of content that came with it. I haven't checked extensively but it looks like all the content from version 9 is also in version 10.

Is there any point in keeping Poser 9 installed? If I remove it (I bought the CD version) would it be able to be installed on another machine with the upgrades (which I kept copies of)?

I have to say that I haven't used version 9 nearly enough - but I want to get into Poser a lot more.

I believe everything that came in 9 is also in 10. You can certainly install 9 on another machine.

edited December 1969

Thanks Wandw - that's answered my questions fully.

Some programs I have 'call home' and need to be uninstalled online before being installed anywhere else and they call home again during re-installation.

But I'm happy now to remove Poser 9 and to go with Poser 10 only.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

It does ping out its serial number to your local network to prevent that copy from being run on more than one machine at a time, but it doesn’t phone home.

edited December 1969

Ah, Thanks again WandW.

I don't have another suitable machine and only want to use software as I'm permitted but the info you've given is good to know.