Weapon Helper

ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in Freebies

The Weapon Helper is a simple prop type tool I created to take the tedious repositioning work out of using weapons with characters, especially when they were initially set up to a different character...

Once you align a handheld weapon to the helper such as knives, swords, staffs, spears, poleaxes, you parent the helper to the character's hand and create or apply a grip pose.

Once this is done the helper can be used to alter which direction a blade faces (swords,knives, poleaxes etc) or where abouts the character hold the weapon along its length (spears, staffs, poleaxes etc.) without needing to reposition the weapon again.

The helper includes morphs to help easily align the weapon to the helper and by doing this weapons set up originally for a different character can be made to work with any character.
Though this does not prevent some of the tedious work, at least you only have to do it once and not every time you more the weapon.

Steve C

http://www.sharecg.com/v/75163/view/11/Poser/Weapon-Helper

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

Thank you - it should work on tools and other hand-held items as well as weapons, I should think.

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

I reckon so but I've only tried it with a Poleaxe - reversing a knife to face backwards is easy as the helper has the means to flip any item to face the opposite direction

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Oh, now this sounds interesting. Thank you. :coolsmile: