Freebie: 3D Bee Hive prop & Honeycomb play set

Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
edited March 2014 in Freebies

Freebie: 3D Bee Hive prop & Honeycomb play set

Sample render features DAZ PA's The 3DZone & Hawkes "Honey Bee the Toon Honey Bee" and the HDR Pro Pack Yosemite (not included in download) show the versatility of the Honey Bee Hive 3D props and animation set. The traditional Victorian woven beehive opens to expose a honeycomb bee residence complete with "elevator" shaft for levels and honey drip. Add your own housewares props and it becomes the ultimate Toon Bee Dream House!

Download the FarmPeeps Bee Hive 3d models seen in the "Virtual Venus" game in obj, dae (generic Collada) and duf (DAZ Studio) 3d formats. Its loaded with neat features so you can create your own "Honey Bee" themed scene. The hive opens from the rear like a doll house so you can access the fully textured honey-comb interior. The main hive, honey drip, hive rear quarter are separate obj's. It's intelligently material grouped so the hive can be easily re-textured. Makes a great cartoon or nature show production set. Depth and normal maps for textures included.

Enjoy! Comments, reviews and renders in this thread welcome!

Above URL leads to: http://www.3dnld.com/3dnld_freebie_farmpeeps_3d_beehive

farmpeeps_bee_hive1_480.png
480 x 360 - 215K
farmpeeps_bee_hive2_480.png
480 x 360 - 174K
farmpeeps_hive_honeybee8_800x450.png
800 x 450 - 560K
Post edited by Dream Cutter on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Looks like lots of fun, thanks :-)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Fine thing, I don't recall any other hive. Are the textures from some public domain? I didn't find any information on where they come from in the readme. I'd like to find the source to see if I can use the images for texturing.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited September 2014

I made the textures with FilterForge 4 Photoshop and offer it to you for any use including game publishing. Just no redistribution of the whole product especially, if not part of a larger project. i want to maintain hosting the original, however if you have a blog you can link to it directly. Feel free to use the textures in other products, just if someone where you got it, point them to the this.

Thanks Constantin Malkov (hive) and Mehmet Sensoy (basket) for creating the neat Photoshop FilterForge filters used in this project.
    The honey is my own mixology. Its the Bee's Knees!

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I made the textures with FilterForge 4 Photoshop and offer it to you for any use including game publishing. Just no redistribution of the whole product especially, if not part of a larger project. i want to maintain hosting the original, however if you have a blog you can link to it directly. Feel free to use the textures in other products, just if someone where you got it, point them to the this.

Thanks Constantin Malkov (hive) and Mehmet Sensoy (basket) for creating the neat Photoshop FilterForge filters used in this project.
    The honey is my own mixology.

Superb, how generous of you! So, in other words, I could apply the honey texture onto a shirt, add some pattern onto it and release as a freebie texture, adding a text like "Honey yellow texture provided courtesy of Dream Cutter - thank you, lad!"?

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited August 2014

The honey is my own mixology.

Superb, how generous of you! So, in other words, I could apply the honey texture onto a shirt, add some pattern onto it and release as a freebie texture, adding a text like "Honey yellow texture provided courtesy of Dream Cutter - thank you, lad!"?

Sure you could, but you don't even need to do that. Have your way with it.

Note to self: I just recently discovered CreativeCommons which is less restrictive way to share IP, need to look more into it.