Hoopak

mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Nail down everything...the Kender are in town. A new shipment of hoopaks has arrived at the Weapon Barn...

Get your very own hoopak, before they are Gone('s)...

In far distant realms, there lives a race, not unlike the halfing, too much, but more like elves than man. Unlike the halfling, they wear shoes upon their feet. They are a bright, inquisitive race with a penchant for 'borrowing'...anything that isn't nailed down, and if they can get their hands on a hammer, the nails aren't safe, either. But, I digress.

They favor a most curious weapon. In their tongue it is called a hoopak. Others call it a sling-staff. It can be finely crafted, or more commonly fashioned from a forked branch of a tree, usually a bow-wood tree, yew being most favored...

(from the journal of Rondar, Ranger of the Wood)

(Yeah, I know I say yew...it is a material preset...but I do the promos with Black Locust...go figure.)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/75469/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Sling-Staff-Hoopak?interstitial_displayed=Yes

render.jpg
800 x 1000 - 127K
hoopak1.jpg
1000 x 800 - 75K

Comments

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Hey!

I resemble that remark.

My kender thanks you - or at least he would if he hadn't just "found" this lying around. :lol:

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    mjc1016 said:

Hey!

I resemble that remark.

My kender thanks you - or at least he would if he hadn't just "found" this lying around. :lol:

SHE may have something to say to HIM about that...maybe, he would learn to fear, if she has anything to say about it.

• ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Awesome. Thank you!

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Gone said:
    mjc1016 said:

Hey!

I resemble that remark.

SHE may have something to say to HIM about that...maybe, he would learn to fear, if she has anything to say about it.

That would be quite the trick as kenders have a reputation of fearlessness. Although some may call it sheer bloody minded stupidity. :-)

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Thank You, very interesting btw :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited April 2014

Gone said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Gone said:
    mjc1016 said:

Hey!

I resemble that remark.

That would be quite the trick as kenders have a reputation of fearlessness. Although some may call it sheer bloody minded stupidity. :-)Ah, yes. The Kender— A most interesting race indeed; Insatiably curious, utterly fearless, and lacking any and all common sense.

One of my Army buddies used to play a Kender named WEEBEE. Weebee had a "Disrupt Dungeon Master" spell. It was called "Weebee Bored". Whenever Weebee said, "Weebee boooooored," DM's went "oh $#!7", because any plans they had for that adventure just flew right out the window.
    There is nothing more terrifying than a bored Kender; except, maybe, a bored Squib.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

RUN!!!!!

It's a kender with a hoopak.

No one is safe!

KenderTopplesRockman.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 431K