Will it work with Poser Pro 2010 64 bit

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have poser Pro 2010 can i use this program? i would like to use V5 or V6 whatever is out but do not want to waste money or use Daz sory daz Poser is just way better....IMO so please dont try to convince me otherwise :}

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Your mean will Genesis and Genesis 2 Male/Female work with Poser pro 2014? yes, via the DSON Importer plug in, though not all add-on content will work. Poser Pro 2010 won't work - the earliest version that supports the importer is PP 2012 SR3.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited April 2014

Are you talking about the DSON importer? it will not work with PP2010, because it needs weight mapping, which was introduced in Poser 9/PP2012.

Also, PP2010 will not work with Windows 7 if Internet Explorer 11 is installed; you will need to uninstall IE11 it and block it from Windows Update to use it. Microsoft has a tool to do this...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722

You can get Poser 10 for about $62 at Amazon, which will allow you to use the DSON importer to bring in the Genesis figures.

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Micro-Software-Inc-Poser/dp/B00CSJFWUY

Poser 9 is $40, but 10 is worth the extra few dollars, IMHO...

EDIT X-post with Richard... :)

Post edited by WandW on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for the help i have from poser 7 on up lol dvd player is shot so i cant install them nor do i want to install thoses old programs lol. I was hoping i could find Poser 12 around somewhere P2014 way too expensive and i really don't want to wait 4 years for the price to come down im not a spring chicken anymore.

Stan

• edited December 1969

lol just noticed im a new member who has been a member since 2005 interesting i was a Premium member for many years just dont mess with this that much for it to be worth while.

Stan

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2014

The whole site was revamped in 2012, and everyone became new members again, retaining their start dates, but not their post counts.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Stan57 said:
    Thanks for the help i have from poser 7 on up lol dvd player is shot so i cant install them nor do i want to install thoses old programs lol. I was hoping i could find Poser 12 around somewhere P2014 way too expensive and i really don't want to wait 4 years for the price to come down im not a spring chicken anymore.

Stan

PP2012 is at Amazon for about $100, and there is a new copy on eBay for $90, both with free shipping.

A new DVD drive for a desktop can be had for about $20 at Newegg...