Poser 2014 (MAC) crashes with Michael 6

edited April 2014 in Poser Discussion

Hey,
I just bought Victoria and Michael 6.
No problem with Victoria, Genesis 2 Base Female, and DSON Importer...
But BIG BIG problem with Michael and Genesis 2 Base Male.
Everytime I try to load Michael or G2 Base Male it crashes.
I used DAZ3DIM, and the installations were succesfull
The stuffs are at the same place of Victoria and other misc stuffs etc... A shared "Runtime", so not the same "Runtime" as the app.
Could you help me please ?
Thank You

CB

My Config: POSER 2014 // MAC // OSX 10.0.2

Post edited by cedric_eab4474598 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited April 2014

Did you install DSON into the app folder. Not to sure why it would be so selective. You would think if V6 works then M6 would work and same goes G2F and G2M. Maybe ask this question in the Poser forum. If you like I can move it

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • edited April 2014

Yes please move it.
    Honestly I dont know whats the problem because all of my DAZ3D stuffs works, and also with DSON, except Michael and G2M. Ive tried to uninstall and reinstall with DAZ3DIM but Poser crashes again and again....
    Thank u Frank

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Thread moved to poser forum.

• edited April 2014

Ok I just tried again and it crashes everytime when it loads when DSON importer says "writing character".
    Arf... Whats wrong with G2M ????
    I also read this topic: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33135/
    The same issue, but I dont know if they solved the problem.

• SanghadSanghad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

lol - I see DAZ never fixed this annoying issue - even with the new version of Poser. I opened a "ticket" back in December and they lead me on with various questions and things to try out to no avail until they finally just closed the ticket with no solution. I gave up on "posing" with M6 and DAZ will never see another dollar from me ever again.

• edited December 1969

Waow.... Ok I'll open a ticket because we are not alone with this problem.
    Thank you Sanghad !

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Does it also crash if you load an item for Genesis 1 that you haven't loaded before? If so it may indicate that you, or rather Poser, has lost write permission for the working directory - go to Scripts>DSON Support>Importer Preferences and make sure that the folders listed under Cache Folder and Writable Runtime Folder are indeed writable.

• edited December 1969

Hey Richard.
    I tested Genesis 1 and it works.
    Yes I just checked the cache folder preference and all folders are writable. :(

• mawkroymawkroy Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

I'm having this issue too, started recently. Is also affecting G2F. Just for kicks, I cleared out data ▸ DAZ 3D ▸ Genesis 2 ▸ Male and installed a bare bones brand new starter copy of G2M. Loaded no issues. Am starting to copy over morphs to see just what exactly is causing the issue.

• edited December 1969

Thats crazy. And Daz3D people dont care...