TeleSpikes! [finally]

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

The why: Encountered an "interesting person" one day. Did a little research and discovered that a major group of people have actually categorized "telepaths" to 2 groups. One of which is 'spikey'. Spikey telepaths would do well to 'wear headcoverings' if seeking to be "unseen" by those who have eyes to see.

Finally: Using Hexagon I made a "TeleSpikes" thing [not to be confused with 'hair', displayed hair is Cody which my Hexagon cannot morph].

BIG factor which was choking and confusing Hexagon in the making of TeleSpikes was the number of Shading Domains. So in removing those the model could be made ... but the uv map yikes! [I had given the main spike enough shading domains to enable a flat uvmap to be re-created after merging the clones together - an act which zaps any existing uvmap].

So I exported out the .obj and imported it into 3D Coat :-) And the blessed program actually packed every single strand to its own place on the page :-) :-) On import, telling the program to make the uvmap. wow!
Back in Hexagon I plan to rearrange all those individual threads and make a few shading domains for nicer texturing but IMHO for uvmaps 3D Coat rocks!

TeleSpikes.jpg
1000 x 1000 - 408K

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

The why: Encountered an "interesting person" one day. Did a little research and discovered that a major group of people have actually categorized "telepaths" to 2 groups. One of which is 'spikey'. Spikey telepaths would do well to 'wear headcoverings' if seeking to be "unseen" by those who have eyes to see.

Finally: Using Hexagon I made a "TeleSpikes" thing [not to be confused with 'hair', displayed hair is Cody which my Hexagon cannot morph].

BIG factor which was choking and confusing Hexagon in the making of TeleSpikes was the number of Shading Domains. So in removing those the model could be made ... but the uv map yikes! [I had given the main spike enough shading domains to enable a flat uvmap to be re-created after merging the clones together - an act which zaps any existing uvmap].

So I exported out the .obj and imported it into 3D Coat :-) And the blessed program actually packed every single strand to its own place on the page :-) :-) On import, telling the program to make the uvmap. wow!
    Back in Hexagon I plan to rearrange all those individual threads and make a few shading domains for nicer texturing but IMHO for uvmaps 3D Coat rocks!

I find this very interesting and your solution enlightening.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

If you want an edition, here you go: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/40387/

TeleSpikes_promo.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 481K