Japanese Tea Room

StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
edited May 2020 in Freebies

This weekend I picked up the D-Force Kimono and Warrior Kimono and realized I had two Gen8's with nowhere to go, so I put something together with Blender and Iray and thought I'd share it.
https://sharecg.com/v/95681/view/5/3D-Model/Chasitsu-Japanese-Ceremonial-Tea-House

I posted a pic on Deviant Art of what transpired from the two outfits, I was trying to be silly but there is some blood.
https://www.deviantart.com/gorillalabs/art/Wipe-your-feet-840348631

After posting the promo pic I realized I should have justified the text to the right, I have shamed this font. Forgivness please.

TeaRoom.jpg
1064 x 864 - 400K
Post edited by StratDragon on

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited May 2020

you realized you dont have a Japanese room and "just made one"? :O but... there are some nice ones! :D Why spending so much time when you can buy it already done?^^ (is time not the more rare thing we have in our life?^^)

Dont take that bad, I mean its cool you made a free room, but... don't know there are cool japanese rooms :D

I made this in a "old" 3DL room, with new Iray shaders:

But your room looks definitly cool! But... how long did that take? I assume I would need 1 week :D (If  I could ever model anything).

I am sometimes also surpised that peoples realease Higheels Number 250 or Jeans Nr. 300... or Just another Dress (exact looking like some other^^).

Post edited by Loony on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Looks amazing... thanks for making it a freebie :)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Really nice room, thanks! 

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2020

@ Loony
    I was inspired to make tea room, and it took a few lunch breaks while I worked from home, so several hours in Blender. The time spent looking for something that compromised what I needed was better spent in the meditation of modeling which can be priceless, and you can share you efforts.

The composition on DA was the imbalance of violence and the cleansing aura of ritual, the ballance of architecture and nature, the relation of the warrior and the maiden as female archetypes and in Taoist tradition they are ultimately equal to each other, and I threw in some dumb sitcom.The room you have there is too tight, it looks like you would need to leave just to change your mind.

@maikdecker

Thank you, and let me know if you see any problems with it if you decide to use it.

@Leana,
    you're welcome.

Wait you made that in 1 day? :o

My Room was just an example :) And yeah I am not soo happy with the room these days, its locking me down.

But there are some nice japanese places :D I love the asian culture and yeah... I think one was a while ago for very less money in the sale.

about a day. the teapot took longer and I don't like it came out so I'll start another one some day.

Blender is free and crazy powerful. I only suggest if you ever wish to try it you first watch some videos because there is no way to learn it without knowing the theories behind it.

Yeah I know about blenders Power and saw the Blender DOnut Tutorial on Youtube, but... TIME, its all time :D I work everyday in daz3d also my researches in the shops + Forums are part of it and I go mainly everyday in bed late in morning 2-5am because I have my head always in daz3d, so, I am afraid if I would jump into the next Software I would find much lesser time.

I said to me yesterday, I should do Sundays a break, just to have 1 free day, but... where I am? In a Daz Forum and what does my Browser say?

Daz3d... (rendo have some problems atm).

Checking out the Freebie Forum atm, I dont look much in it^^.

Also found this new released video:

which could maybe be interesting!....

Time... I need more time!

I work full-time too, I'm fortunate at the moment that Im in a sector of IT that is needed for critical infrastructure but I'll check out that link. I could make my own dress#301 if I knew rigging.My modeling time is generally just before sunrise and ends with the rest of the family getting out of bed.

edited May 2020

I just wish there would be ways to hire daz3d skilled peoples to make new products, I did try it on Fiverr, but they all dont know daz3d there and the daz3d page and renderotica and renderosity dont have a hire button, so... without learning self (and spenting more not aviable time) I am locked down to the stuff I can grab from store, thats one of my personal biggest frustrating points.

I wish daz3d would add a "Hire someone" option :) Just to outsource my time a bit to peoples who are skilled and dont sit the full day in daz3d, and! the products can then also get into the daz3d store for all (would be nice).

Post edited by Loony on

from DA artists I've seen that do this there are people who work free and others who charge more than Turbo Squid for a handful of polygons. I put off modeling for so long that I didn't think it would be possible, but since I now have an ability to do some really basic necessity work and hack other peoples stuff when I need to it's 'very chill' as the whipper-snappers say.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

This looks very cool, thank you!

Minor quibble, a room like that would typically not have a parquet floor but wall-to-wall tatami mats.

Hylas said:

This looks very cool, thank you!

Minor quibble, a room like that would typically not have a parquet floor but wall-to-wall tatami mats.

I thought that too. I guess you could duplicate the mats. I just liked the floor.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

Excellent set - thanks for making this available!

Greymom said:

Excellent set - thanks for making this available!

you're very welcome. can you confirm it works if you get the chance? I don't have another system to check.

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

If you still need info about usage outside your system, i got a couple of errors but i manage to make it work.

I loaded the included scene, it has some references to files outside the included file locations.

I changed the textures folder to be inside the runtime one. But there are still some bad references reported:

c://users//jimmy//documents//studio//content//runtime//textures//klown//teaservice//bambo.jpg

c://users//jimmy//documents//studio//content//runtime//textures//klown//teaservice//fishscales.jpg

c://users//jimmy//documents//studio//content//runtime//textures//klown//teaservice//oakfloor.jpg

c://users//jimmy//documents//studio//content//runtime//textures//klown//teaservice//rope.jpg

content/runtime/textures/agentunawares/hdr/misty_pines_4k.hdr

content/runtime/textures/dwr exalted materials/starmetalref.jpg

content/runtime/textures/klown/teaservice/bambon.jpg

content/runtime/textures/klown/teaservice/bamoob.jpg

After manually pointing to one of those, most error stops. Only a couple more messages pop about the HDR and DWR Exalted materials StarmetalRef

This is a test render enabling default dome, the interior lights and disabling one of the spotlights. Sorry the very low res and detail, i don't have a good machine and still a daz rookie.

I like the room very much, thank you for sharing.

TeaRoomTest1.png
    800 x 600 - 715K
    edited May 2020

I updated the read me and relinked it to the existing model.

The HDR I used was

https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=overcast&h=misty_pines

its free but it's not mine to redistribute

Appears it went into textures/agentunawares/hdr folder because I had other HDR's in there and I must have just put it there

if you make a folder in your textures folder and place the 4k version of the HDR from that link pointing to the path

runtime/stexutres/agentunawares/hdr/misty_pines_4k.hdr

and put the HDR in it then you should no longer get the HDR error

annoyingly it looks like the textures I had in my folder, rope, fishscales, oakfloor used the full path for some and not others.

If you put these in a folder, re-link them and save the file again you should be fine
    Fishscales is used on the Lamp Diffuse
    Rope is used on the Lamp Rope
    Bamboo is the texture for the mat model, bambooN is the normal map, bambooB is the bump map material

exalted materials came from here

https://www.deviantart.com/dawaterrat/art/DWR-s-Exalted-Magical-Materials-Iray-Presets-DS4-8-547840344

again this is not mine to redistribute but it is free as well,

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    @maikdecker

Thank you, and let me know if you see any problems with it if you decide to use it.

Well, the thing with the textures already has been mentioned, but that's no biggy ^^

Seems that room is lacking a wall though.. when trying to work around that, by copying the opposing wall, it turned out that just that wasn't enough, due to the houses structure being different on those two sides. So a bit of copying and changing directional scale later I got a result I can live with :)

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

This seems quite elaborate for a freebie. Thanks for that!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Nice thanks!

@Torqinox and 3dOutlaw

thank you.

@maikdecker

I didn't think of putting one in but I could rig one pretty fast and post it if time allows this weekened.