Free high quality backdrop image library by NLPIX

robert_poirotrobert_poirot Posts: 34
edited April 2014 in Freebies

- DAZ3D studio is fun, but traveling and photographing is even more fun.
- I love free content, and want to share, but i have no talent for crating 3D content.
- Well made photo's made with the right perspective can easily add photo realism to 3D renders, when used as backdrop's ,as surface on panels, or on the various backdrop props.

Well i combined all of the above and have started to publish special selection of my High quality photo images, made by me (NLPIX is my company name) in a library free for use for 3D renders..

For start there are 125 photo's in a brows-able dropbox folder structure. This library will be extended regularly .

The photo's can be found at

www.nlpix.nl

A simple but effective way to us them is add a panel plane prop to your scene. for example 3x4 or 30x40 meter. Put this panel in a 45 degrees backward angle and add the image as a surface ( add to defuse color pattern box). This way even quite realist shadow scan be rendered.

But the the images can he used on almost all background props, even on globes with various result.

Post edited by robert_poirot on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Some lovely images there, thank you very much for sharing them.

Best wishes.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much. The individual ones I looked at are really nice.

A couple of things though. I tried to save the Licence of use.txt file, but I couldn't because it opened a blank page when I clicked on it, with no ability to save it.

I'm also having a problem unpacking a 155MB zip file. I've tried twice so far, and after 10 minutes each time, I just gave up. Maybe 6 separate zips, one for each main group, would be better. The downloading wasn't that bad, but it will be easier for folks to unpack the zips if they're smaller.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thanks. You have some very nice images to share.

• robert_poirotrobert_poirot Posts: 34
    edited April 2014

updated initial post , the images are now on imageshack, just use www.nlpix.nl to get to the library of backdrops.

edited December 1969

I’m also having a problem unpacking a 155MB zip file. I’ve tried twice so far, and after 10 minutes each time, I just gave up. Maybe 6 separate zips, one for each main group, would be better. The downloading wasn’t that bad, but it will be easier for folks to unpack the zips if they’re smaller.

Hello Miss B

I downloaded this 155 MB ZIP file fairly quickly, I think it took about 5 minutes to download. I can open the ZIP file with WinRAR in under a second, so I don't know what has happened to yours. Mine is 155 MB (162,983,936 bytes), and it is no different to any other ZIP file on my system as far as opening is concerned. I am using Win 7 64 bit.

Maybe a different un-zipper may work better, what were you using? If I can help in any way, just let me know.

• edited December 1969

The images are wonderful and you are very generous to share them with us. I opened the individual folders and downloaded them as .zip files with no problems. It was fast and they unzipped normally. I was also able to download the Text file in that way without any trouble.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

That's odd. I'm logged in but DropBox sez "Nothing here". Did it get moved?

edited December 1969

I’m also having a problem unpacking a 155MB zip file. I’ve tried twice so far, and after 10 minutes each time, I just gave up. Maybe 6 separate zips, one for each main group, would be better. The downloading wasn’t that bad, but it will be easier for folks to unpack the zips if they’re smaller.

Hello Miss B

I downloaded this 155 MB ZIP file fairly quickly, I think it took about 5 minutes to download. I can open the ZIP file with WinRAR in under a second, so I don't know what has happened to yours. Mine is 155 MB (162,983,936 bytes), and it is no different to any other ZIP file on my system as far as opening is concerned. I am using Win 7 64 bit.

Maybe a different un-zipper may work better, what were you using? If I can help in any way, just let me know.
    Hey Jimmy. I had no problem with the download as I'm on cable hi-speed access, it was just the unpacking that was a problem.

I use PowerArchiver, but I think I have WinRar somewhere, so will try that and see if it works. I'm also on Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    That's odd. I'm logged in but DropBox sez "Nothing here". Did it get moved?

Yes I just saw that as well. Maybe he's updating the downloads, as he did say he was going to update the Licence of use text file.
    edited April 2014

updated initial post , the images are now on imageshack, just use www.nlpix.nl to get to the library of backdrops.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Thank you very much...... I'm also having a problem unpacking a 155MB zip file. I've tried twice so far, and after 10 minutes each time, I just gave up. Maybe 6 separate zips, one for each main group, would be better. The downloading wasn't that bad, but it will be easier for folks to unpack the zips if they're smaller.

I have windows 7, 64bit, and used the free '7-Zip' program (available from CNET's download.com) and was able to unpack the files easily

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Thank you very much...... I'm also having a problem unpacking a 155MB zip file. I've tried twice so far, and after 10 minutes each time, I just gave up. Maybe 6 separate zips, one for each main group, would be better. The downloading wasn't that bad, but it will be easier for folks to unpack the zips if they're smaller.

I have windows 7, 64bit, and used the free '7-Zip' program (available from CNET's download.com) and was able to unpack the files easily

I moved the images to imageshack , a greatp presentation, easy browsing, but no zipfiles, just download what you need.

You can now easyly go to the image library using

www.nlpix.nl

or

https://imageshack.com/user/NLPIX_Fotografie/a

edited December 1969

Hello Miss B

Well I went scrounging on my external hard drive and found a copy of WinRAR that I had on my old laptop, and it unpacked the zip just fine.

I have no idea why PowerArchiver was having such a problem, as I use it for everything, and I've never had a problem before. Oh well, now I have 2 compression software apps installed on this laptop, so I guess I'm good to go. :coolsmile:

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Thanks, they look lovely. Will grab some tomorrow as it's late now & I want to take my time browsing, especially the outdoor scenery. Love those flowering trees. :-)

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

I don't see a zip file link

edited December 1969

I moved the images to imageshack , a greatp presentation, easy browsing, but no zipfiles, just download what you need.

You can now easyly go to the image library using

http://www.nlpix.nl

or

https://imageshack.com/user/NLPIX_Fotografie/a

There is no ZIP file now, just download the images you want.
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

There is no ZIP file now, just download the images you want.

Thnx for that reply and those great images.

edited December 1969

I have to point out that I was quoting robert.poirot who supplied the images, I had nothing to do with this at all.

Thanks again robert.poirot for your kind donation of these images.

edited December 1969

I added 50 new images yesterday, many more will be added.

Likes and followers on imageshack are appreciated :-)

edited December 1969

new images will be uploaded today. I added a frontpage to www.nlpix.nl. you can go to the free image library using the link on top of the page, or go direct to the library
    using https://imageshack.com/user/NLPIX_Fotografie/a

• FingersTXFingersTX Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

new images will be uploaded today. I added a frontpage to www.nlpix.nl. you can go to the free image library using the link on top of the page, or go direct to the library

I signed up for a free account at ImageShack in order to view your photos. Now that I'm there, how do I find your library or gallery? The links you've given previously do not take me to your webpage. :roll: What I've seen so far inspired me to search for your other photos. They're really beautiful.

edited December 1969

FingersTX said:

I signed up for a free account at ImageShack in order to view your photos. Now that I'm there, how do I find your library or gallery? The links you've given previously do not take me to your webpage. :roll: What I've seen so far inspired me to search for your other photos. They're really beautiful.

Sorry,

the depository have been deleted. I wasn't happy with ImageShack.

I still have some click-n-go backdrops om sharecg.com, and i'm working on rule sets to do photography for other backdrop props / systems. The goal is to make the photo's in a way that no or very little editing is needed to convert them to backdrops.