Genesis 1 character presets

fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

Characters for more recent generations of Genesis figures usually include a character preset which loads the base figure and applies the morphs (shapes) and materials, usually in the "Characters" folder so that you can see all of your different characters at once. Characters for the original Genesis generally didn't. In some cases they only had material presets and you had to go to the parameters pane to dial in the shapes.

These presets will load Genesis and apply the shapes and materials in one step.

Notes:

1) these are only presets and require the characters to be purchased. No textures or morphs are included.
2) these are Genesis 1 characters and do not have Iray materials.
3) some of these characters have multiple head and body shapes. I have only included one option for each product and added numbers like "0101" to the file name to mean head 1 and body 1.
4) some of these characters come with both standard and advanced materials. In these cases I used the HSS (Elite Human Surface Shader) version, but not SSS (Sub Surface Scattering).
5) The icons are the standard ones generated when you save a character preset and may not reflect the appearance of the character when rendered.
6) I have arranged these in the following folders for ease of use:

\People\Genesis\Characters\Fixmypcmike character presets\African
\People\Genesis\Characters\Fixmypcmike character presets\Asian
\People\Genesis\Characters\Fixmypcmike character presets\Caucasian Female
\People\Genesis\Characters\Fixmypcmike character presets\Caucasian Male
\People\Genesis\Characters\Fixmypcmike character presets\Fantasy
\People\Genesis\Characters\Fixmypcmike character presets\Middle Eastern Mediterranean Caribbean Irish
\People\Genesis\Characters\Fixmypcmike character presets\Teen

I apologize for any offense caused by the choice of terms or categories used. These presets can be rearranged or moved as you see fit. They will work in any folder within your content directory outside of Data, Runtime, or Readme's. Each preset is independent of the others so you can delete the ones for products you don't have.

fixmypcmike g1 character presets.png
1308 x 772 - 526K
zip
zip
fixmypcmike genesis 1 character presets.zip
7M

Comments