A summer skirt for Dawn (DS)

IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
edited May 2014 in Freebies

Just wanted to share a freebie skirt I created that comes with 5 textures and will fit Dawn. Designed for a fresh summer look, it has soft folds and a coordinating satin-look ribbon trim. It will also take seamless tile textures on its 3 material zones, but I advise unpatterned textures on the hem to avoid distortion that crept into the UV map on that zone.

It works in DAZ Studio 4.5 and above. Sorry, no Poser compatibility as I don't have that software at the moment.

This is my first freebie and I hope you enjoy it. :)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/75896/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Summer-Sorbet-Skirt-for-Dawn-with-Textures

dawn_sk1b_promo.jpg
600 x 560 - 127K
Post edited by IndigoJanson on

Comments

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

OK, I need your help, Freepozitory fans. Is there just not much interest in this figure, or is it just the skirt that doesn't look interesting?

I put so much work into this before releasing as a free item and not to get a single comment is discouraging. I get it if this isn't a good place for Dawn stuff, but did see other clothing freebies for her here, else I wouldn't have posted.

It would be helpful to know for future releases if I'm missing the mark.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

Hey Jindi!
    Sorry to hear there isn't much interest in the skirt, even though it's a freebie.
    I would try it over at the Hivewire3D forums, since there seems to be a Dawn fanbase and also because there is where she is originated.
    DAZ has its own female figures and DAZ has no support for Dawn, although I have seen a few clothing items that have a Dawn slider in the parameters section.
    My feeling is that you will have much more succes in a Poser oriented crowd with Dawn :)
    Good luck, I hope it helps ^^

edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply, Estroyer!

There was some interest over at Hivewire3D where they are passionate about Dawn, but as I could only support DS I added a post here too. However, I think you are right in your suggestion that Dawn has a bigger fanbase among Poser users, so a DAZ Studio-only Dawn item will have limited appeal.

Anyhow, I appreciate your input and yes it helped. :) I didn't want to be 'needy' with my post (not saying you implied that, by the way!) but I do need to get to grips with market trends if I'm to create further products.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I think it looks really good! Thank you!

edited December 1969

You are very welcome, Kerya!