Daz Installer>>>Don't want but is required for my purchases?

edited May 2014 in Poser Discussion

I have perhaps thousands of purchases from the past "Good Daz Days". Now I cannot download these without a daz installer which I do NOT want, because I do not use Daz software. But it wants to install into a daz floder in my computer. How do I bypass this?

I thought everything converted to zip files?

A

Post edited by Future Fantasy Design on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    edited December 1969

Most, nigh-on, all downloads will be available as zip files for manual download via your product library. The only things i have seen that have stated you HAVE to use DIM are the postgreSQL CMS and conversion products, but you will not need those any way if you are not using DAZ software.

• edited December 1969

I was downloading my Moorland Dragon Bundle, by Predron(?).

Was that in that catagory because I don't recall it.

Thank you,

A

edited December 1969

My version of the Moorland (by Predatron) does not require DIM - check the page for the product within your purchases and scroll down a little and you should see a blue button labeled 'download' underneath a heading of 'MANUAL'

• edited December 1969

Yes I did find that but it keeps going back to that darn installer adviser. I have been a member for years before the date on my current profile.... so I do know how to do dim and sub.. installs. I have tried repeatedly to download this, any managers available to reset it? That's all I can this is wrong.

Thank you agaian BTW!

A

• edited December 1969

How totally weird :/ It worked this time....

It would not do the bundle but it did do the individual for me.

Thank you so much, now I know if it does so again what to look for!!!

A

edited December 1969

How totally weird :/ It worked this time....

It would not do the bundle but it did do the individual for me.

Thank you so much, now I know if it does so again what to look for!!!

A

I do not believe you can do a 'bundle at a time' - you have to do each product within the bundle individually.
  • edited December 1969

OK! I learn a good lesson today....

A

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Don't knock DIM until you have tried it. It works very well...

edited May 2014

WandW said:
    Don't knock DIM until you have tried it. It works very well...

I would agree, but as there was a strong indication of the desire not to use DIM I did not press the point. But, now the elephant is in the room ...
    The convenience of doing your downloads in an automated fashion would, for me, outweigh any downside of having DIM installed. Even if it was only for as long as it took to grab all the downloads. You can configure it to download to a specific folder and you can tell it not to install anything. You can also 'select all' (or filter selections) and wander off and have coffee, go to work, etc., and the download will run unattended. Once you have got all you want/need you can uninstall DIM (which will leave your download of content intact) and then you can keep on top of your content as and when you buy it.
    Post edited by SimonJM on