Set Perspective View to Current Camera View

More of a DAZ feature request, but if any skilled coder can script one up easily and throw it in rendo's freebies that'd be awesome.

A way to set the "Perspective" view in the viewport to your current Camera view.

Making it possible to do zoom in camera angle accurate fine adjustments, quickly navigate of a scene without loosing the camera(s) perspective, not add a slew of camera adjustments to the undo stack.

Alternatively, a lock camera (transforms) script. Then, when a camera's transforms are locked and camera view is selected, a view adjustment switches the new adjusted view to new "Perspective" view automatically.   

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

I asked about this once and Richard Haseltine said how but I have forgotten cheeky

well I think it was actully copy a camera view to another

Carrara does what you want and it has always irked me in DAZ studio as do the cameras and their behaviours  in generalwink

• in perspective view>create new camera>set camera to current view.... then take that camera and lock all it's trans and rotate.
    then set view to that camera, you can go back to perspective to move stuff but anytime you use that camera it will be looking at your saved view

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 165

I asked about this once and Richard Haseltine said how but I have forgotten cheeky

well I think it was actully copy a camera view to another

Carrara does what you want and it has always irked me in DAZ studio as do the cameras and their behaviours  in generalwink

Yeah I saw that post too, once or twice upon a time.

Coping the camera is a very janky workaround at best. You have to deal with Camera movements in the undo stack, you get tied to that camera for a least a lil bit, deal with any deformations, and the cameras dont move as smoothly on orbits.

Blender has camera snap to current and snap to camera view even shortcut keymapped I believe. If I figure out how to map the default DS views to keypad, oooo whippity snippity.

Just fustrating the "Perspective" view cant change to your perspective. They have snap view to selected and reset to default perspective, seems like it would be and easy thing to do and would speed up scene navigation and fine editing by folds.

Those times when you have one little adjustment you notice through a camera view and switch to perspective, but the perspective view is on the other side of the preverbial virtual map. angry

edited July 2020

in perspective view>create new camera>set camera to current view.... then take that camera and lock all it's trans and rotate.
    then set view to that camera, you can go back to perspective to move stuff but anytime you use that camera it will be looking at your saved view

Yeah I get that.

Now imagine a multi camera scene. Opposing angles, like a front and rear. For the sake of arguement picture Romeo and Juliet or Rapunsel. A character and camera on the ground, a charater and camera up in a balcony or tower, and a wide shot of both. Now say after a lighting change you want to adjust all charaters slightly to change shadowfall from hair on their face.

Its like if a photographer or filmaker had a multicamera setup on tripods and a handheld (perspective) but put the handheld down everytime he started walking to check a tripod.

Yes you could use the Cameras' zoom, but distortions and the undo stack can be a mess.

This is without even getting into any animation or moving cameras.

Post edited by TDBAGZ on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Maybe check out Canary's Cameras. It's mostly for setting up cameras for body parts, but also has distance and angle sets.

Sevrin said:

Maybe check out Canary's Cameras. It's mostly for setting up cameras for body parts, but also has distance and angle sets.

MMM, thanks but not quiet what Im looking for.

• I was trying to figure this out eailer today then I was working in Daz this afternoon and did it with out even thinking about it lol. 

Select the Camara in the Scene Tab and press CTRL-F.
    It doesnt completely match the camara but the perspective camara is looking at the Camara you selected and is not very far away. Close enough that you can scroll and match it up to the camara in a few secs. 

• NicronNicron Posts: 2

I just lost my Daz install with my HD but I was looking for this feature again... mcjBringCamHere a script that brings any camera to your viewport. 

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjbringcamhere

• Nicron said:

I just lost my Daz install with my HD but I was looking for this feature again... mcjBringCamHere a script that brings any camera to your viewport. 

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjbringcamhere

Great, thanks Nicron and of course to mCasual user.