Testing Hair for Genesis 8 Male

Emo SludgeEmo Sludge Posts: 79
edited July 2020 in Freebies

I'm trying to teach myself how to make hair for use in Daz Studio, and I just finished a practice run I'm calling "Testing Hair" (sorry the name sucks) and I thought I'd share it with everyone as a freebie. I still have a lot to figure out with texturing hair for iray (the hair textures looked much better in Blender where I made them), but I think this could be useful to some of you. Includes 4 colors.

I used Riversoft Art's Content Wizard to make a smart content installer for this. Just run the .dsa file and it does all the work.

Go check it out on my gumroad here: https://gum.co/GaqIV

Testing Hair Main Render.png
687 x 890 - 691K
Testing Hair Light Brown.png
687 x 890 - 777K
Testing Hair Grey.png
687 x 890 - 815K
Testing Hair Blonder.png
687 x 890 - 801K
No Matieral Testing Hair.png
687 x 890 - 605K
Post edited by Emo Sludge on

Comments

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731

Thanks for sharing, I really love the look of this style! Not too complicated and versatile enough to work for a variety of genres.

(I'm also sorta, kinda, really in love with the character you have modeling it. Is he yours?)

• Emo SludgeEmo Sludge Posts: 79

Thanks for sharing, I really love the look of this style! Not too complicated and versatile enough to work for a variety of genres.

(I'm also sorta, kinda, really in love with the character you have modeling it. Is he yours?)

Thank you! Yeah I think it's pretty versatile too. And yeah it's a sort of unique character! I actually made about 40 custom face/head morphs for my own use and I like to run them through sim tenero randomizer to create random figures on different bases. It saves me time I used to spend sculpting in zbrush or blender to make characters that aren't easily replicable for my own art. So this guy was quickly made with my morphs starting from the Rascal for Nix 8 base. I thought he looked like a good model for the hair.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited July 2020

Dude... (dudette?)... you need a name?... Napoleon Hair for Genesis 8 Male!

Post edited by Chumly on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    Napoleon Hair, yes. Good catch!
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

good work

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

good work

Agreed!

Ah napoleon hair would've been a good one!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2020

Thank you! (and yes, I thought Napoleon!, when I saw it)

Question: I put your name as "emosludge" in the Wiki, as I found it like that at Rero:

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Hair/cr2,_hr2_and_duf_conforming_and_prop_hair#emosludge

Would you prefer "Emo Sludge"?

Post edited by Kerya on
    Kerya said:

Thank you!

Question: I put your name as "emosludge" in the Wiki, as I found it like that at Rero:

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Hair/cr2,_hr2_and_duf_conforming_and_prop_hair#emosludge

Yeah that would be great! Thanks for asking. 

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 803
    Chumly said:

Dude... (dudette?)... you need a name?... Napoleon Hair for Genesis 8 Male!

That's what I thought. Napoleon hair in the morning after Josephine visited the front.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2020
    Kerya said:

Thank you!

Yeah that would be great! Thanks for asking. 

Done - good that I found you here and was able to ask. smiley

Post edited by Kerya on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Thank you for the freebie, looking forward to trying it out later today

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Well, if you ever update/improve it, you gotta chane the name to Napoleon Hair