DAZ 4.6 to Poser 2014 to Lightwave 11.6

Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Following the video “Create Dson companion files with Daz Studio 4.6 _poser Pro 2.mp4”, I'm successful in creating a folder in Poser Pro 2014 with all the elements of the original DAZ scene. I used the Daz Barefoot Dancer tutorial scene as my test. In Poser, there's no “single click” scene file to open but I'm able to add everything to a blank scene and it all comes in intact. Geometry, poses, lights, cameras, etc. and renders just fine.

I save the scene in Poser, exit, start Lightwave Layout and load the newly saved PZ3 file and right away see some interesting anomalies.

The Dancer's setting is a structure called a Pergola. In DAZ and Poser, you can see the geometry for this (beams, window openings, etc.), but in Lightwave it only comes in as a box. The planters and ivy vines come in as actual geometry however.

The really strange thing though is that the Dancer figure not only imports in the posed stance, but there's add'l geometry of the figure in it's T-pose as well. It's not a separate figure but part of the Figure1 layer. I can open that layer in Modeler and select just the T-Pose polys (they aren't connected to the posed polys) then delete and save and all appears well. I haven't tried any animated scenes yet however.

I've not experienced these sort of quirks with Poser originated scenes, but since this process is new to me, are these bugs or did I miss some preparation step in DAZ?

Thanks,

M.