Broken Planet

ZateticZatetic Posts: 286
edited August 2020 in Freebies

I made a fractal in IncendiaNext that I thought looked like a broken planet. I used the program to generate a 3D mesh of the fractal and I thought I would share the obj file. The file can be downloaded for free at https://sharecg.com/v/96259/view/5/3D-Model/Broken-Planet#

The image below was made with Bryce.

Post edited by Zatetic on

Comments

• Thank you.

To attach an image, first one has to attach it to their post. Save post. Then Ctrl click on the picture to get it to open in its own window, grab the url, then come back to one's post and 'edit' it. That's when we can click on the picture image and in that popup add the url for the image. Click on the image in the popup and some info on the side appears, put the largest size to no more than 800, and accept. Then we can all see your work :-)

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 286
    edited August 2020

My photo looked fine when I reviewed my entry but I went ahead and revised the post. This time the largest dimension is 600 instead of 800

Post edited by Zatetic on
  • Now I see it! Thank you. And well done :-)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thank you! It is ... pretty might be the wrong word for a broken planet .. interesting? fascinating? unusual?

Oh well: Thank you!

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

Fantastic, I had idea about world that exploded and formed more little planets. This just might be the largest part :)

Thank You!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

"Sir, it's Praxis!  A Klingon moon."

"That's their main energy generation facility!"

Either that, or it's our moon as seen in the last two shots of "HareDevil Hare" when Bugs Bunny thwarted Marvin the Martian (in his debut).

Hmm, why, yess, I am a major sci-fi and cartoon nerd!

Sincerely,

Bill

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 286

Thanks for the kind remarks! I kept decimating the mesh to get it down to a more reasonable size so hopefully it worked for y'all.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,246
    edited August 2020

Yes it loads fine in D/S too. Using another program I put a uvmap on it and in D/S saved a prop file. Added a cone trail and a few sphere stars, etc. ....

Planet Broke.png
    700 x 700 - 99K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405
    Zatetic said:

I made a fractal in IncendiaNext that I thought looked like a broken planet. I used the program to generate a 3D mesh of the fractal and I thought I would share the obj file. The file can be downloaded for free at https://sharecg.com/v/96259/view/5/3D-Model/Broken-Planet#

The image below was made with Bryce.

is incendianext easier to use / does it have a less complicated UI than mandelbulber2? i got MB2 but after a few trials that gave me more brain fatigue than fun, i pretty much let the app gather pixel dust on my hd...

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119

_ looks pretty cool ~