Ligeia's Vintage Luggage Set - New Add-On

edited September 2020 in Freebies

Since I finally learned how to package items for DAZ I have been trying to create more detailed models. This is my most ambitious project so far, so I hope there are no major flaws in the final packaging. The file structure on this set is more complex than that of my previous offerings. I have done this so additional pieces I am conisidering could be used either as an add-on to this set, or used as a stand-alone item. I have tried to eliminate any bugs, but try as I may, something always seems to slip past me. Please let me know if something is amiss, and I will do my best to correct it.

Based on a real-life set that belonged to our family, Ligeia's Vintage Luggage harkens back to the Mid-Twentieth Century. Recalling an age when traveling in style meant taking your journey by train, or even better a luxury cruise - and there were no limits on the size or number of bags you could bring with you.

The set includes:

1) The Full Size Suitcase.

2) An Overnight Case – a smaller suitcase for short side trips.

3) A Hat Case – Because you always wanted have the right hat for every occasion and did not want them to get crushed. I realize that the hat case seems slightly large compared to the other pieces in this set. This is owing to the fact that a majority of DAZ Milliners seem to favor creating rather large brimmed hats.

4) A Vanity Case. All you personal care items in an easy to access container, with a built-in mirror for on the go touch-ups. Please note that the optional tray for the vanity case will spawn into place, but will need to be parented to the case before you move it. Also note that the built in mirror just has a place-holder texture. To be functional, you will need to apply your own mirror shader.

5) I have also included a key in the Extras directory. While the key is sized to fit the luggage, it is really just for show - because I believe that every lock is incomplete without a key. The key itself has no control or color options, but if you have the skills and inclination you can add your name to the blank name tag.

All of the pieces have morphs to open/close the lid, and to adjust the handle and latches. All pieces also come with presets for three color options, although you can manually change the materials on each part yourself for your own custom look.

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

https://sharecg.com/v/96332/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Ligeias-Vintage-Luggage

Luggage1.png
1200 x 1200 - 1M
Luggage3.png
1200 x 1200 - 2M
vanity.png
1920 x 1080 - 2M
Post edited by LigeiaWestwickDesigns on

Comments

• Thank you :-)

• 1gecko1gecko Posts: 309

Thank you!

• Ligeia's Vintage Steamer Trunk

In the Golden Age of sea travel, the ultimate component of a well-appointed set of luggage was the steamer trunk. Essentially a portable closet, the steamer trunk had, on one side, a space to hang your best evening attire, while the other side featured drawers and compartments - where you could store shoes, handbags, and of course delicate intimate apparel. Yes, the steamer trunk was big, heavy and cumbersome, but chances are that if you traveled with one there was likely someone other than yourself who had to worry about transporting it. That allowed you the opportunity to lift a glass during the bon voyage party, completely assured that a ship's steward would have your trunk waiting for you in your stateroom in time to change for dinner.

It was my intention that this set could be used either as a stand-alone product, or as an add-on to my previously released Ligeia's Vintage Luggage. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that I made no big mistakes in packaging. The package shares some textures the original set, as well as adding some new ones specific to the new models.

This set includes two models

1. The traditional Steamer Trunk with all of the accessories.

2. A trimmed down Steamer Chest, essentially an over sized suitcase.

Features

Both models have morphs to open and close the lid, and to operate the latches and lock. The Steamer Trunk also features drawers that open and close, and an adjustable curtain to protect clothes on the hanger (or perhaps to hide outfits from view of curious eyes). Both models also include a few texture options, but you can also make changes on your own. Please note that for the Interior of the Steamer Trunk there are limited texture options, as mapping the shelving unit and drawers can be a bit tedious. You can of course change the textures and manually adjust the tiling if you have the skills and inclination to do so.

In the Extras folder you will find a hanger that fits the Steamer Trunk. It will spawn into place in the default open pose, but it is not parented to the trunk, so this you will have to do on your own. Also included in the folder is a traditional hotel suitcase stand. It is actually more suitable for the suitcases in the original luggage set. You might be able to balance the Steamer Chest on the stand, but I would advise against putting the Steamer Trunk on top, as it might be too top-heavy and unstable.

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Trunk3.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 766K
    SteamerTrunks.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 880K