(First Clothing Attempt) Bikini Bottoms

JonasKJonasK Posts: 16
edited September 2020 in Freebies

This is my first time trying to make clothes.  Let me know what y'all think!

zip
zip
SideStrung.zip
2M
SideStrungBottoms.png.png
1000 x 1000 - 1M
Post edited by JonasK on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited September 2020

They look nice, but there is a gap between them and the body. That kills believability imo; ok for a distant shot, but it doesn't need to be that close to tell.

I'd add a morph - if you don't want to make them fit closer - that the user can use to dial closer or further away.

It's great that they have depth - cloth does - which is missing from many bought products.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Nice design :)

• nicstt said:

They look nice, but there is a gap between them and the body. That kills believability imo; ok for a distant shot, but it doesn't need to be that close to tell.

I'd add a morph - if you don't want to make them fit closer - that the user can use to dial closer or further away.

It's great that they have depth - cloth does - which is missing from many bought products.

A morph is a great idea.  I'll see if I can figure out how to do that :-D

• Leana said:

Nice design :)

Thanks!

edited September 2020
    JonasK said:
    nicstt said:

Well, whatever you modelled it in, load up the file. In blender for example, you could create the morph using a non-destructive technique. It that is where you model and you're unfamiliar, I can give a quick breakdown if you need.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited September 2020

Nice item, thank you for the freebie!

It doesn't play nice with the Smoothing Modifier, but I managed to make it fit properly just by using the expand morph.

Here's a quick doodle...

quickie119 string speedo.png
    700 x 1000 - 487K
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • nicstt said:
    JonasK said:
    nicstt said:

Well, whatever you modelled it in, load up the file. In blender for example, you could create the morph using a non-destructive technique. It that is where you model and you're unfamiliar, I can give a quick breakdown if you need.

I modelled it in Marvelous Designer but I do have Blender.  I could probably do morphs in Blender and output a new OBJ but I'm not sure what you do after that to attach it as a morph.

• Hylas said:

Nice item, thank you for the freebie!

It doesn't play nice with the Smoothing Modifier, but I managed to make it fit properly just by using the expand morph

That looks great!  Yeah, the Smoothing Modifier really doesn't work well, I noticed.  The poly count is high or something so I also noticed it would start to break apart at the seams and some of the thickness would also get messed up.  :(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    JonasK said:
    nicstt said:
    JonasK said:
    nicstt said:

I modelled it in Marvelous Designer but I do have Blender.  I could probably do morphs in Blender and output a new OBJ but I'm not sure what you do after that to attach it as a morph.

Morph Loader Pro:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/modeling/tutorials/pbms/start

scroll down to "Import obj with Morph Loader Pro"

That works Kerya.

@OP

The object you exported from MD for Studio, import in Blender, you can create the morph there and export and import into Studio. I don't know how familiar you are with Blender and transfering to Studio.