redoing my pathways

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I had my C drive cloned and now have a limited in size Solid state drive
all my temp folders, libraries etc are on a seperate data drive and Poser cannot find a lot of preset content even though it opens the very folder it is in to search!!! the IBL foyer space being one
I added the new runtimes but the empty orphaned ones still in my content and cannot be removed
short of reinstalling Poser which is on the cards one day, is there anyway to redo all my content and other pathways afresh?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

I got no answers and was headdesking so redid install
    my included content and temp folders are now on E drive

but trying to use D3D DSON loader I get this

Exception in OctaneRender for Poser objectsAdded
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\__init__.py", line 76, in objectsAdded
    File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 1600, in debug
    root.debug(msg, *args, **kwargs)
    File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 1120, in debug
    self._log(DEBUG, msg, args, **kwargs)
    File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 1249, in _log
    record = self.makeRecord(self.name, level, fn, lno, msg, args, exc_info, func, extra)
    File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 1223, in makeRecord
    rv = LogRecord(name, level, fn, lno, msg, args, exc_info, func)
    File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 270, in __init__
    self.filename = os.path.basename(pathname)
    File "Runtime\Python\lib\ntpath.py", line 198, in basename
    return split(p)[1]
    File "Runtime\Python\lib\ntpath.py", line 178, in split
    while head2 and head2[-1] in '/\\':
    SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

Octane demo works BTW

edited December 1969

knew posting would help me solve
    DOH! Had to add My Daz runtime to my library

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Rather than start another thread I'm hoping that Wendy or anyone else might help me here.

I have Poser 10, Carrara 8.5 pro and DAZ Studio.

In DAZ Studio I have some Poser-format versions of things I bought. For example Michael 4 came with my Carrara Purchase.

In DAZ Studio I see I have Michael 5 duf which is the Genesis character and also Michael 4 cr2.

Is there any way to open up Poser 10 and get the Poser files I have installed, such as Michael 4, and which are displayed within DAZ studio?

I know that I can see the full paths on my drive for the cr2 files and the Michael 4 cr2 file has a 'runtime' folder-name in its path.

Long before I ever bought Poser I would see people talking about Runtime folders but have never gotten a grasp of the complexities. I very much like Poser but it always struck me as strange that a grasp of folder structures 'under the hood' seems to be required.

I don't want to bog anyone down with long explanations (unless they really want to!!!) but again, Can I open up Poser 10 and somehow add my Poser versions of things I bought for DAZ Studio and which were installed with the DIM?

(I need to add while blushing that I tacked a similar question to another thread in the Commons recently but still haven't grasped the reply that was given in that thread to the OP)

edited December 1969

yes, simply in figures on your Poser content browser click on little folder icon with a + and add runtime
    browse to your Daz runtime and add it
    likewise under pose props etc

edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy, for getting back to me with the solution.

Howeverrrrr - I was trying to do that before I came on to post about it. The poser window to search for the folder I want is quite small and I wasn't too sure what I was looking for.

This is the path Michael 4 is installed to:

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ People/Michael 4.cr2

I guess the runtime part is where I navigate to in the Poser dialogue?

PS - when I tried before I didn't have the above pathway to hand - I researched it for my question here.

PPS I'll go off and try it now.

edited December 1969

Hi Wendy,

Many thanks - I have all the DAZ and Poser Content visible within Poser now because I selected 'My DAZ3d Library' - the one above 'Runtime'.

I've no plans to try using Genesis with Poser because my hardware is on the feeble side but I'm getting more into Poser at the moment and am delighted that your help made it possible.

Best regards.