Frustrated!

Phantom StudiosPhantom Studios Posts: 203
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hello

I have been at it this for over a week!

I am having problems installing M6.

I do not use IM and want to manually install M6 to work with Poser. I have Poser Pro 2014 64bit running on a Toshiba Satellite C75D-A with Windows 8.1

I have Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. I know to install this first.

Can someone post a step by step or image of how they have their folders set up? That would be great. Visuals would be helpful!

Thank you!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Does Genesis 2 Male itself load?

• Phantom StudiosPhantom Studios Posts: 203
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard

Yes it does.

edited December 1969

OK, so what happens if you try to load the Michael 6 file? Or is it simply not there?

edited December 1969

It appears in my library but does not appear onto the scene.

edited December 1969

OK, if you open Scripts>DSON Support>Importer preferences there should be a link to view the log - scroll down to the end, after trying to load M6, and see what it says.

edited December 1969

DSON Importer
    Setup
    DSON Write Path: C:/Users/Public/Documents/Poser Pro 2014 Content/Runtime/DSON/auto_adapted
    Parsing DSON File...
    File Path: F:/Apps/Poser_Content_Installed/Michael_6/Runtime/Michael 6/Content/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ People/Michael 6.duf
    Scanning for dynamic assets...
    Writing character file...
    Loading CR2 File
    Applying settings to actors...
    Loaded file: Michael 6.duf
    Importer Setup in 0 min 0.1 sec.
    DSON File Read in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    DSON Dynamic Read in 0 min 0.1 sec.
    Poser Native File Created in 0 min 0.1 sec.
    Poser Native File Loaded in 0 min 0.4 sec.
    Applied Settings in 0 min 0.1 sec.
    Total File Load in 0 min 1.1 sec.
    Done

edited December 1969

So the Michael 6 files aren't in the same folder as the Genesis 2 male files? Or are they all in F:/Apps/Poser_Content_Installed/Michael_6/

edited December 1969

No they aren't in the same folder...
    The Michael 6 was installed in its own folder in the F:/Apps/Poser_Content_Installed/Michael_6/

I was trying to stay organized with my files.

edited December 1969

Try placing the files in with the base G2M and see if they work there - DS doesn't demand that, and I didn't think the DON Importer did but it is necessary with the fourth generation morphs so we need to check it.

edited December 1969

Should I move the entire Michael 6 folder from F:/Apps/Poser_Content_Installed/Michael_6/ ?

What folder inside Genesis should I move it to?

Poser.JPG
    728 x 351 - 41K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

You have one Runtime folder inside another.

edited December 1969

When I manually install Genesis Starter Essentials CF it puts it in there automatically.

edited December 1969

When I manually install Genesis Starter Essentials CF it puts it in there automatically.

Where are you extracting it to? You should be taking what's inside the folder named "Content" in the zip and merging them in the folder containing your Runtime folder.

edited December 1969

This is my Genesis_2 folder

I'm trying to manually install Michael 6 and its CF files to its own folder called Michael_6

In another post below this is my Michael_6 folder where I am trying to install it.

Poser.JPG
    684 x 346 - 39K
    edited December 1969

My Michael 6 folder

Poser2.JPG
    691 x 236 - 25K
    edited December 1969

I'm beginning to think that I possibly have double Runtime folders in my Genesis which could be the source of the problem?

edited December 1969

Yes, you shouldn't have one Runtime folder inside another.

edited December 1969

Where should I manually install or merge the Michael 6 and CF files to?

edited December 1969

Pick one folder and always merge them into the folder which holds the Runtime, making sure you only merge the folders inside the folder named Content, not the folder named Content itself.

edited December 1969

Still not working... I merged the M6 and M6 CF folders inside the Runtime that was located in my G2 folder. Attached is what my G2 folder looks like. It appeared in the library but asked for an individual file and was empty in the scene.

If someone could post an image how their folders are set up that would be easier for me to understand this. I'm just getting more confused.

I've tried every scenario here!

Maybe I should use DIM? How do I set up DIM to install this?

Poser2.JPG
    673 x 315 - 40K
    edited December 1969

Is F:\Apps\Poser_Content_Installed\Genesis_2\Genesis a library folder in Poser?

• FightingwolfFightingwolf Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Not sure if this will help but I had a similar problem when trying to manually install genesis characters. My solution was to use the installer to install the base figure from there everything worked well. I recently tried to manually install content and it didn't work, so I took a look at the zip file. Long story short. I had to remove the runtime folder and zip it. After that I installed the zipped runtime folder into poser and had no problems using the content.

This may be the problem that you are having where the zip files are not installing to the correct path.