Guitar Textures for Melody Man's Fender Stratocaster.

TabbycatTabbycat Posts: 207
edited August 2014 in Freebies

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76972/gallery/6/Texture/Textures-for-Melody-Mans-Stratacaster-guitar Get them here.

I am a guitar player (0ver 30 years) and I have always wanted to strip down my Fender Strat and get a landscape or some images painted on it.
I am pretty sure I am not the only one that would like to do this...... but, still, all you ever see
in stores in the same old same old. It's impratical for me to do a real guitar cause I don't know how to do it but once I got Melody Man's Fender Stratocaster 3d model here at DAZ, well, it is TIME !!!!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/melody-man-electric-guitars

Here's a preview of the guitar textures I've made so far. As always I will be offering for free on my sharecg account.
I will post the link once I finish this project and upload.

Would love for you to comment on this just so I know I am not alone thinking this is so coooolllll.........

Cheers,
Tabbycat

Starting on the left side, Beatles Git, Doctor Who git, Music Git, Picnic Git, now on the upper row
Love Git, Peacock Git

The second image starting on the left is Zebra Git, Red Velvet Git, Music Git (redone), Peacock 2 Git (better than the first Peacock) and others.
And a pile more bubbling in my noggin.

Merlin_Git_Promo_2_small.jpg
512 x 378 - 39K
Merlin_Git_Promo_small.jpg
573 x 396 - 39K
Post edited by Tabbycat on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Watching! They are looking very good so far :-)

• TabbycatTabbycat Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Watching! They are looking very good so far :-)

Thank you !!!! Most of the backs of the guitar have images and the sides or edges are a different color.

I had to make my own templates, as none come with the model. I hold no owner ship on the templates
    I make and will included them in the zip file for anyone that wants can go mad making textures as I have done, lol.

This is a really great model to work textures on. Thumbs up to Melody Man !!!!!

The guitar is a prop just in case anyone is wondering so my textures will be put into Materials instead of Pose.

Cheers,
    Tabbycat

edited August 2014

Here's 9 textures for Melody Man's guitar, Stratacaster. I am working on more so there will be a release two. Oh boy, right?

http://www.sharecg.com/v/76972/gallery/6/Texture/Textures-for-Melody-Mans-Stratacaster-guitar

If you feel like it, please rate them while you download them from my sharecg account. They are free.

Cheers,
    Tabbycat

Merlin_Git_Promo_01.jpg
    573 x 396 - 57K
    Post edited by Tabbycat on
    edited December 1969

Just messing with the Merlin Stratocaster guitar. I thought this turned out pretty good so I decided to post it.

Cheers,
    Tabbycat

Promo3.jpg
    323 x 363 - 23K
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

50-60's fender guitars used automotive paint from General Motors on their finishes. If someone ever wants to sell you a vintage Stratocaster or Telecaster (and you have $40K burning a hole in your pocket for some reason) and it's been painted with a color that GM did not offer that year it's a counterfeit.

that bring said; nice job on the textures!

edited December 1969

50-60's fender guitars used automotive paint from General Motors on their finishes. If someone ever wants to sell you a vintage Stratocaster or Telecaster (and you have $40K burning a hole in your pocket for some reason) and it's been painted with a color that GM did not offer that year it's a counterfeit.

Oh that is interesting. GM automotive paint, huh ? I learn so much in the DAZ forums. Thank you for posting that info.

Wow $40k for one guitar ? I am so far away from having a spare $40k that I first need a pocket to burn a hole in, lol.
    All of my money is tied up in food and rent.

Thank you for your kind words on my textures. I got more in the works.

Cheers,
    Tabbycat

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2014

tabbycat said:

Oh that is interesting. GM automotive paint, huh ? I learn so much in the DAZ forums. Thank you for posting that info.

Wow $40k for one guitar ? I am so far away from having a spare $40k that I first need a pocket to burn a hole in, lol.
    All of my money is tied up in food and rent.

Thank you for your kind words on my textures. I got more in the works.

Cheers,
    Tabbycat

Well $40,000 would be a super rarity, possibly owned by someone of note. You can find late 1950's Strat between $15,000-30,000 depending on condition but I would not want to play something like that, I'd probably drop it and break it. I'm replacing strings by trying to patch up broken strings right now so any guitar, even one you wind up and a clown puppet comes out and punches you in the nose is out of my wheelhouse as they say.

Good thing Blender is free at least I can try to make my own content with limited success.

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • i want the guitars but apparently they are not around anymore -the link does not works.i can't find them no place.as i bought the dons musicians packages it would be well suited to work .can anybody help``.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

i want the guitars but apparently they are not around anymore -the link does not works.i can't find them no place.as i bought the dons musicians packages it would be well suited to work .can anybody help``.

The link works for me.  Give it another shot, maybe it was glitched out for a while.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited June 2019

i want the guitars but apparently they are not around anymore -the link does not works.i can't find them no place.as i bought the dons musicians packages it would be well suited to work .can anybody help``.

The link works for me.  Give it another shot, maybe it was glitched out for a while.

Well, that is an interesting development. The Melody Man instruments (and not just the guitars) were pulled from the store some time ago:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4116506/#Comment_4116506

They were missed by a lot of people.. So, maybe Don Albert was able to get rights to them from Melody Man (Simon-3D)

Post edited by Charlie Judge on