Thomas Jefferson's Portable Desk - My Latest Freebie

Ligeia's Historical Desk Collection

This is a series of antique desks modeled after their real-life counterparts. Unlike my previous furniture models, these are not pieces that have been owned by my family, but have been inspired by images I have collected over the years. While I have tried to match them as close as possible, some modifications have been made for the sake of keeping me sane by not having to create every single part for a one time use. I have posted several models at ShareCG lately, but decided to post the link for this one here, since I am pretty happy about the way the finished product turned out.

The second model in the series is Thomas Jefferson's Portable Desk. This little 18th Century gem, as the name implies, was designed by Thomas Jefferson around 1775. It features a multi-position adjustable writing surface, and a locking drawer for storing pens, ink and other small essential items. Jefferson used his portable desk to draft the Declaration of Independence, and he rarely traveled anywhere without it for the remainder of his life. One might consider this little desk a per-technology laptop. I have attempted to make this reproduction as faithful to the original as possible.

All the major parts on this desk are operational. The drawer and handle positions are very simple to adjust. The desktop is also fully adjustable, but the rigging of the model make the functions slightly more complicated. There are three parts to the writing surface; The Folding Top, The Tilting Top, and the Support Prop. You can adjust each of these parts to your liking, but to save some time I have included three pose presets. I have also included two material presets, new wood with shiny brass, and one that gives it look of having been well worn and a bit neglected.

Bonus Features include a bottle of ink and a quill pen for the drawer and, of course, key to lock it. Please make sure you have the desk selected before adding the bonus items for them to spawn into the correct place. I have also included and unparented quill pen you can put in your character's hand, but that you will need to fit and pose yourself.

https://sharecg.com/v/96587/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Ligeias-Historical-Desk-Collection-2

As always, your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Promo1.jpg
1000 x 1200 - 1M
Promo3.jpg
857 x 1200 - 618K
Promo6.jpg
1000 x 1200 - 486K

Comments