Convert to 3Delight

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a free script or something that can convert Iray items/people to 3Delight, that will work on Daz 4.8 pro?

Cheers.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

There's this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/139326/irayto3delight-conversion-script/p1

No idea if it works in 4.8 though.

Be aware that any automatic conversion is just a starting point though, you may need to adjust some surfaces after conversion.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 972

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

• I've used in in all the versions since it's release and works just fine.

Hi,

So I've downloaded the script which is now in my downloads folder. What do I do next, do I need to move it to a folder within my DAZ Runtime? This might seem like a stupid question (probably is), but I'm not all that familiar with scripts.

Cheers.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    SteveM17 said:

Hi,

So I've downloaded the script which is now in my downloads folder. What do I do next, do I need to move it to a folder within my DAZ Runtime? This might seem like a stupid question (probably is), but I'm not all that familiar with scripts.

Cheers.

Yes,move it into a Daz Studio format content folder (outside of Runtime), and just double-click to run it.

• When you open the Daz content folder you will see one called Scripts, that is where I put the files inside a folder I label Esmewy Irayto3Delight. I did it this way because mjcasual also has a script to convert Iray to 3Delight and, of course there's the paid one, I have all 3.

Once you have it in there, either restart Daz or under the content tab right click on Daz Studio Formats and click refresh for the script to show up. To use it, simply go to scene and select the item you want converted, under surfaces you also click it and/or the sections you want to convert, then under the content tab go to your scripts and your new folder and double click the script. That's all you need to do

Thank you for your info and guidance, guys. It is now installed and tested and works fine.

Cheers!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

IS there a free script that does the oposite from 3Delight to iRAY?  Asking for a friend that's needing to do updates!  

Thank you!

Richard 

• Think I saw one on this part of the forums, but it's been a while, I'll see if I can find it.

Thank you so much Faeryl!  :-) 

• Sorry all I can find are links to the RSSY script in the store, though it is on sale for half price right now. All I found were a couple tutorials and both mention the paid script.

https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-3delight-to-iray-converter

Thanks so much!  :-) 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307
    edited December 2020

Never mind, I misread the question

Post edited by MelanieL on