Free Normal/disp map generator plus PDF tutorial

takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
edited November 2020 in Freebies

I came upon this tutorial while searching for info on specular nodes, and was linked to this nifty little program for making normal/disp/height maps; I included the translated tutorial in PDF format!

EDIT: Here's his channel with some video tutorials!

pdf
pdf
DAZ Studio_Dual Lobe Specular TUT –GRAPH 3D.pdf
5M
Post edited by takezo_3001 on

Comments

• Thank you very much. Free tools and tutorials are always welcome. Great work and thanks for sharing.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

Thank you very much. Free tools and tutorials are always welcome. Great work and thanks for sharing.

My pleasure, I'm glad you made great use of it!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited November 2020

Excellent! :)

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

This looks fantastic. TYVM!!!

Torquinox said:

Excellent! :)

I'm glad you can get some use out of this!

Wolfwood said:

This looks fantastic. TYVM!!!

You're very welcome!

• Thank you I've got the app, but never knew how to use it ..... much appriecated

• Thank you for this app. I've been making normal maps with GIMP, but I'll try this out. Very much appreciated.

• Thank you I've got the app, but never knew how to use it ..... much appriecated

I rather agree. The program author managed to take obscurity of purpose to an entirely new level. I had got normal & displacement maps out, but had never understood what many of the other bits were for. Very useful, thanks.

Regards,

Richard

Thank you I've got the app, but never knew how to use it ..... much appriecated

My pleasure, I also included his video channel with video tutorials!

Thank you for this app. I've been making normal maps with GIMP, but I'll try this out. Very much appreciated.

You're welcome! Yeah, I was looking for a free version alternative to Crazy bump and MindTex for a while and stumbled upon this gem!

Thank you I've got the app, but never knew how to use it ..... much appriecated

I rather agree. The program author managed to take obscurity of purpose to an entirely new level. I had got normal & displacement maps out, but had never understood what many of the other bits were for. Very useful, thanks.

Regards,

Richard

My pleasure, and thank you for your incredibly useful scripts!smiley