Adipocere Cream

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
edited October 2021 in Freebies

NOT super realistic. Intended for fun renders ... there was a movie in which some strange cosmetic cream would smooth out wrinkles but had a bad side effect of making the skin super hard. Apparently adipocere hardens so there you go. Apparently this waxy substance can also make corpses float if they are in water. So I make an Iray Shader Preset so the cream can be applied to any figure. As I was experimenting with various settings, you probably want to make some adjustments and save your material preferences ;-) Seams will show of course, so careful selection of hair and/or clothing and/or some post work would be necessary.

I did not make any morphs for the cream but did provide enough mesh that some could be made. Templates included. Very basic 3Delight and Iray mats included.

https://sharecg.com/v/96708/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Adipo-cere-Cream

This will be found in my morgue props collection folder.

Cosmic Clay, Float Your Troubles Away.png
700 x 700 - 413K
cream promo.png
1020 x 803 - 389K
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

As a formerly licensed embalmer, this takes the cake for the strangest product I've encountered. Congrats!

• the adipocere candles and soaps are just as disturbing 

• Greybro said:

As a formerly licensed embalmer, this takes the cake for the strangest product I've encountered. Congrats!

Thanks, I think ... anyhow, got the idea from a Mortician on YouTube.com as well as a movie, I think it was one of the Catwoman movies.

Not making those lol ;-)

Not making those lol ;-)

I saw an episode of something maybe Law and Order don't recall, once where a serial killer made candles from his female victims so he could reminisce on their scent

• Adipose

• Regarding the movie - Laurel Hedare as played by Sharon Stone in 2004s Catwoman ?

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2020
    Greybro said:

YouTube had just 'recommended' a review of the movie Phantasm 2 to me (I didn't click, but I do remember the movie - sort of), so I had to read your post a couple of times.

I take it that you're no longer in the business... rather than the alternative reading ! surprise 

Or perhaps 'formally licensed', and still in the business - but isn't a 'formal license' somewhat of a tautology. (P.S. I prefer to think of this as being grammar maquis rather than the more common phrase wink )

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • Regarding the movie - Laurel Hedare as played by Sharon Stone in 2004s Catwoman ?

Yes, that's the one.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    Greybro said:

YouTube had just 'recommended' a review of the movie Phantasm 2 to me (I didn't click, but I do remember the movie - sort of), so I had to read your post a couple of times.

I take it that you're no longer in the business... rather than the alternative reading ! surprise 

Or perhaps 'formally licensed', and still in the business - but isn't a 'formal license' somewhat of a tautology. (P.S. I prefer to think of this as being grammar maquis rather than the more common phrase wink )

I don't maintain my license any longer since I haven't work in that industry for decades. I guess one could officially have their license revoked for doing something illegal. That's not so in my case. I just decided to let it lapse and could reactivate at any time so long as I go back and catch up the hours of continuing education required annually since my last annual renewal.

• That's a relief - my vague memories of Phantasm can go back in the locked box where they rightly belong ! laugh

• Likely to be retired soon so IF you want this, go and get it ;-)